Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can There Ever Be "Too Much" Wood?

Hey Mel

think hurst castle has gold in some floors.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    Makes me think of this song
    That song makes me think of the show "Weeds"....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4KfJztaJ5I
    Last edited by Christian Hawkshaw; 02-27-2021 at 8:49 AM. Reason: spelling
    Chris

Makes me think of this song
    Pete Seeger was ahead of his time in this modern world of groupthink, Love the song, hadn't heard it in years.

We looked at a home awhile back. The wood was quite overwhelming..... to us anyway.

wood.jpg
    Thanks,
    Fred

Seasoned professional possessing unremarkable proficiency at innumerable skills.

Quote Originally Posted by fred everett View Post
    We looked at a home awhile back. The wood was quite overwhelming..... to us anyway.

wood.jpg
    Yeah, I wouldn’t buy a ski lodge either

Pete Seeger may have sung the song, but he didn't write it. It was written by Malvina Reynolds. See also here.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by fred everett View Post

wood.jpg
    I love it! There's something warm and inviting about wood. This grey/white/black phase we're going through can't be over too quickly for me.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

For "me", that's too busy but it could have been solved with the floor, either by having it dark like those exposed rafters or some other non-wood material that contrasts with the knotty pine. The way it is works for the "cabin in the woods" thing, but I'd be reluctant to have it in a normal residence in some other environment--and yes, it would be a challenge for resale. Very subjective thing, however!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I love it! There's something warm and inviting about wood. This grey/white/black phase we're going through can't be over too quickly for me.
    I was just talking about that with car colors....seems 80% are grey/white/black
    Thanks,
    Fred

Seasoned professional possessing unremarkable proficiency at innumerable skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    For "me", that's too busy but it could have been solved with the floor, either by having it dark like those exposed rafters or some other non-wood material that contrasts with the knotty pine. The way it is works for the "cabin in the woods" thing, but I'd be reluctant to have it in a normal residence in some other environment--and yes, it would be a challenge for resale. Very subjective thing, however!
    Good point. This house is 1 block from the ocean which likely factored in to the design.
    Thanks,
    Fred

I've seen houses totally remodeled to sell it a couple months later only to have the new owner remodel it again as soon as they buy it. People are going to change it up to their liking. It doesn't matter what you do to the house to get it as close to proper for the time period.