Thread: Anyone make any of the kinetic sculptures out on the market? Where to get plans..

Anyone make any of the kinetic sculptures out on the market? Where to get plans..

After reading the “Wood Gear Clock” post on another forum I saw that some of the companies that had plans for clocks also had kinetic sculptures that looked cool and I am thinking about making one. Has anyone made one and if so what are your thoughts and what company did you buy it from? Or what company would you recommend? From what I have been looking at some sell the plans but not the spring and or all the hardware? If you have made one where or what did you do for hardware as far as obtaining it? And how was the build?

Thanks

https://holzmechanik.de/kinetic-sculpture-aurora.html

https://www.derekhugger.com/cepheid.html
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Clayton Boyer has wood gear clock and kinetic sculpture plans. I've made 4 or 5 of his clocks and the plans are good. I usually have to search the local hardware stores or internet for hardware. Haven't tried one of his kinetic sculpture plans yet. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ost View Post
    Clayton Boyer has wood gear clock and kinetic sculpture plans. I've made 4 or 5 of his clocks and the plans are good. I usually have to search the local hardware stores or internet for hardware. Haven't tried one of his kinetic sculpture plans yet. Good Luck
    Clayton's, Zinnia design is pretty cool ... I like it.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006