Thread: WTB: 30mm bore Dado/Groover set

WTB: 30mm bore Dado/Groover set

Looking for a dado set or adjustable groover with a 30mm bore and pins for Hammer/Felder.

What width and depth range? I have a -520 set, 160mm dia, 30mm DOC, 12.5 to 24mm width. I think it has the holes for the saw arbor, but I'd have to dig it out and check.

Wes, i am not picky. If its a dado set, an 8" set would cover my bases; however, adjustable groovers only have so much adjustability. For a groover setup, i would ultimately need two cutters. Is your set 520mm in diameter? That is a monster groover! My machine takes a max saw of 350mm, and i think the recommended groover tooling diameter is 180mm-240mm.

It's 160mm diameter. Looks like they don't have it on their website anymore. It's an insert tool, 04.0.520, if you've got an older catalog. Looking at the picture of it, I think maybe the holes are occupied by alignment dowels, so it may be a shaper spindle only application.

My old catalogs show the numbers I posted above. Basically, it's 2 12.5mm cutters nested, and shim adjusted up to 24mm. It will cut 30mm deep, but at this diameter I think it will only cut about 27 or so above the table. At least those are numbers off the top of my head for my KF-700 ... 4.15" (105mm) with a 315mm blade. Does that sound about right? My main PC with all my CAD is dead right now :-(

Patrick — I have a Forrest 6” stack with 30mm arbor + PINS if you are still looking. I moved to the Felder dado cutters, so I don’t need the Forrest stack any more. PM if interested.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry