Thread: Slow close drawer slides that are easy to open

Slow close drawer slides that are easy to open

I bought some non name slides off Amazon (22” side mount, full extension, slow close) but they are hard to open for my wife and especially kids. They take a firm tug to open. I don’t mind them but I need something that’s easier to open. I know it’s somewhat the nature of the beast, but was hoping to find some better ones.

I think you're right about the nature of the beast in regards to side mounted. I used KV self closing side slides on my kitchen about 8 years ago and they've held up well and while provide some resistance to opening I don't think it's excessive but can't compare it to what you currently have.

The undermounts (such as Blumotion) seem to be much smoother (and much more expensive).

I'm currently putting new cabinets in my kitchen (sold that other house) and opted for good old classic Accuride 3832 slides. Self close is kind of neat but to me seems a little gimicky. I wasn't entirely happy with the function of the side mount self closers I'd used and wasn't willing to spend the money for the Blumotion undermount slides and I know the original Accurides are a good slide that should last a long time.

Alan

Thanks Alan. I decided to order one of each of a number of drawer slides. The amazon ones I’ll return if they don’t fit the bill.

Matt, please keep us posted on this.

Will do! I plan to do a bit of a drawer slide shootout.

Blog Entries
    I have 15 pairs of the KV 100 pound self closing slides and it takes minimal effort to open them even when heavily loaded.

Thanks Lee. I ordered a pair of the kv8450fm’s, so that will be in the test.

Tuning into this shootout Matt!