Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a way to sand inside a cutting board handle with power tools

oscillating spindle sander or 3/8-1/2" belt sander.

I take a dowel, glue sandpaper to it, then chuck it up in a drill.
    Works well for a lot of applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Scofield View Post
    Stan, your idea of doing the bulk removal with a forstner bit and then coming back with router bits to do the final curving/shaping is so simple and I don't know why I didn't think of it. Will definitely go this route next time.
    I had a boss who used to quote Henry Ford "give the hardest job to the laziest man, and he'll figure out the easiest way to get it done". It took me a long time to figure out it he wasn't exactly complimenting me.

But the first time I tired to do the handle cutout with just a router, it kept getting bigger and bigger as I kept correcting for miscuts until it was too distorted to use.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Scofield View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replies / input. Love this community. These handles were cut taking 7-8 passes with the last pass very very light,
    IF you're burning like that on a light pass your bit is your problem. These work OK but, you have to be careful not to get irregular results from harder and softer areas in the wood. As stated, avoidance is the best cure. For your current problem there will be a lot of fiddling but, you can get there.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler