Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping issues?

UPS seems to be moving good. I have two packages coming UPS ground from North Carolina to Minneapolis, Minnesota. They shipped Tuesday and they are already in Minneapolis. It looks like they won't deliver until tomorrow which is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    I wonder how long it will take to catch up, or does bad weather just put things further behind. My Post Office associate told me that FedEx carries a lot of the mail and when the FedEx nodes close down for any reason, it just dominoes. Still waiting on my tools that shipped in flat rate boxes over 10 days ago. What bothers me is that USPS tracking shows no progress on either package.
    USPS tracking can be -- imperfect. I've gotten packages and a couple days later got a notice that it had shipped. This was a few years ago, don't know if it has improved since then. I can understand shipments not moving due to ice and such but why would that cause the tracking to be inaccurate?

FWIW, some normal, some not. I shipped a 25 box last Tues. from IA to Seattle, Fedex, scheduled to deliver last Fri., then rescheduled to Sat., then advised that they couldn't announce a delivery date. Finally, it delivered yesterday, 5 days after the original identified date.

Things are starting to catch up. On Feb 16th I sent a $55 two day Priority Mail Express package containing heat tapes (to help family in Oklahoma keep attic pipes from freezing), because there wasn't a heat tape to be had within 200 miles of OKC. I knew the weather would probably affect the package, but tracking showed it arriving at our local distribution center and then it stopped. I filed a claim after a week for a lost shipment. Today I received a text saying it would be delivered this afternoon. Better late than never, I guess.

Now, if I could just get tracking updates on my new Vermec sphere cutting jig (shipped USPS Priority mail on the 13th) and Hunter Osprey tool (shipped USPS Priority mail on the 17th) , I'd be a happy camper.

I ordered some things on Monday and they delivered via UPS yesterday. It's hit and miss but the systems seem to be catching up.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....