Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping issues?

Shipping issues?

How bad is the current weather effecting shipping?

I am deaf and hear via a cochlear implant. Monday I ordered a replacement microphone for my sound processor. Due to an insurance issue, the order wasn't actually authorized until Tuesday afternoon and it shipped overnight Fedex. Due to the lateness of the approval, I suspect it wouldn't have entered into Fedex's hands until Wednesday. Tuesday evening the company emailed me a Fedex airbill number. I still can't check on the part's location as the Fedex tracking system won't accept a tracking number right now due to weather.

I am not in the least upset as I have and installed my spare. The one I ordered was to replace my spare.

Shipping is currently going to be delayed for a while.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ken I think it will depend upon where it's shipping from. While most things seem to be shipping fine in the midwest the south is still struggling from Texas to Mississippi and probably more. The power outages have crippled many businesses. Our shipments have mainly been on time but most originate within 300 miles. Tracking numbers are generated when the shipping label is created. So generally they show as valid but not received however I think Fedex doesn't accept the numbers until the package is in their possession. UPS as I recall says label created. Knowing where the shipment is originating could shed a lot more light on it. Glad you aren't depending upon it to be there quickly.

FedEX is currently backed up as they had to shut down the Memphis hub for at least a day this week due to the weather. UPS's similar hub also had interruption. Other than clearly local stuff, a large percentage of what ships on these carriers passes through these two hubs.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My two incoming USPS flat rate boxes that were due today show en route delays. My out going USPS priority mail express (2 days or money back) is now on it's fourth day. Lots of delays.

I was sent a small package from California with two day deliver. Initially it was scheduled to be delivered to Tennessee the 16th. Today is the 19th and the FedEx tracking system says "delivery pending".

USPS may be worse, especially if it goes thru Knoxville. A package I sent to Texas is stuck in San Jose, CA.

USPS took 2 weeks to deliver certified mail that should have taken 3 days or so.

I ordered some washers for my CBN wheel last week. USPS, and a huge surcharge and my tracking app shows it’s stuck in Illinois somewhere.
    I’m in Canada, so I guess I get my parcel in 2022.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

During the boredom of being shut in this past week I placed several orders with Amazon Prime shipping. The earliest any are expected to arrive is Thursday — more than a week after the order date. Although this may be a localized weather issue in past experience if Amazon is slow in delivering everyone else is as well.

I get service alerts via email from Fedex. Several days this week I got an email from Fedex stating there would be delays due to weather issues at Memphis.

I've been regularly receiving service alerts from both FedEx and UPS. Basically, between the volumes of packages and weather events across the US, all bets are off as to how long a package will take to arrive. Of course, some packages are moving with no trouble at all. I currently have one that shipped 2/19 from WI and it is tracking to be delivered Sunday 2/21 in PA. I'm not sure what is with the Sunday delivery, but I'm in no hurry for the package. It is just two more cases of food for the dog and I always allow plenty of time when I re-order.

Blog Entries
    I went to the post office yesterday and they said they have not received a shipment for four days. They were very unhappy, but could not do anything.

TX, LA, MS, AR, TN, KY and Southern Ohio all got hit with two bad ice storms within a few days of each other. In some locations there is ice several inches thick on trees and power lines. A friend has been without power for at least 10 days now in the affected area. I would expect anything traveling through these areas to be late at least a few days.

I sent an overnight envelope on Tuesday from MI to my broker in SC. On Friday I called to see if they got it. She checked the tracking number and it was in Indianapolis. It might get there by spring!

Last Wednesday, we ordered some phones for work. The company said they would ship on Thursday and we would have them Friday - FedEx Overnight. Today, we learned that the phones were shipped from Dallas, so they are on indefinite hold and there is no tracking information.

By contrast, on Saturday afternoon I ordered a KVM console (monitor and keyboard in a rack-mount unit designed for use in a server rack) from Amazon. It was a Prime item and I accepted the standard Prime shipping of 2 days. It arrived Monday morning. They must have had it in the Seattle warehouse, which is less than 300 miles from us.

On Monday I finally received my cochlear implant microphone that shipped last Wednesday. The point I was trying to make when I started this thread was to let people know that the extreme weather was understandably causing shipping delays.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I wonder how long it will take to catch up, or does bad weather just put things further behind. My Post Office associate told me that FedEx carries a lot of the mail and when the FedEx nodes close down for any reason, it just dominoes. Still waiting on my tools that shipped in flat rate boxes over 10 days ago. What bothers me is that USPS tracking shows no progress on either package.