Thread: recall for Toro Snowblower

recall for Toro Snowblower

FYI I saw this news item:

"the Toro Power Max 826 OHAE Snowthrower, Model 37802, has been recalled due to an amputation hazard"

Appears the auger wont shut off when the safety lever is engaged.

there will be a saw stop model soon

Blog Entries
    If only they could come up with a SnowStop model

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    there will be a saw stop model soon

I just bought an 826 OAE, not OHAE.
    But I also don't stick my arm in the auger either so....

Remember the good old days when you pulled the handle, the blower fired up, and the auger spun. The only safety was the switch to kill the power. Sorry for digressing. Back then it was "Don't do that".

Is one model a personal pace? I was given one, its great but I wore it out. ( sorry is a mower) I am the good beta tester, also find faults in stuff often enough thinking did these people not test this stuff?? some have made changes, oddly no royalty cheques ever arrive. Stopped helping usually thankless. Instead will write a hit tune.

Nathan im like you, see no advantage to reaching in. I also dont spill hot coffee on me, not too often anyway.
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 02-19-2021 at 4:46 PM.

This is not a Personal Pace model. That's the Snowmaster line.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    FYI I saw this news item:
    "the Toro Power Max 826 OHAE Snowthrower, Model 37802, has been recalled due to an amputation hazard"
    Appears the auger wont shut off when the safety lever is engaged.
    I would say that a device that doesn't shut off when you turn it off is definitely a recallable product defect. And given that depending on the nature of the defect, the problem could well extend to "won't stay off when safety lever is engaged" does present a hazard that should be fixed. I know that the smart consumer will turn the engine off even if the augur is apparently off before sticking amputatable body parts into such a machine, but we also know that people rely on less drastic safety "offs" all the time.

What does a snow blower do? Too good to pass up!

The real problem is that most people that own one will most likely have another month of potential snow falls. Since shipping is kind of a mess right now and I'm sure the local repair shops aren't going to have, what I guess, the updated parts in stock which seems like a better idea, not reach into the chute and use your blower or have it sit in a repair shop until spring?