Thread: face shield

face shield

These seem to run anywhere from $10 to $50. Want to have a light weight full shield. Any input on a particular good one that's comfortable to wear and sturdy enough to offer protection if something kicks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen White View Post
    These seem to run anywhere from $10 to $50. Want to have a light weight full shield. Any input on a particular good one that's comfortable to wear and sturdy enough to offer protection if something kicks out.
    I tend to turn things of a size and with blanks where I'm comfortable with just safety glasses. But situations differ. Of the commonly available shields I like the Bionic (by Honeywell / Uvex) as it seems better supported and more protective than the other lightweight shields. Clearly some tasks would require even sturdier protection, to date I've just avoided those.

For more information and to help you judge the level of protection each task needs, you (& everyone really) should know about the articles Lynne Yamaguchi wrote:

Safety Matters

Assess Your Risk

I have had bionic, sellstrom and a useless bubble type face-shield from craft supplies. Then I tried this one (Lincoln electric omnishield pro) I found the quality is much better than any of the other ones, the shield is thicker, and the ratcheting systems work much better. It was only 39.00 on Amazon.
    Where did I put those band aids?

Quote Originally Posted by Dueane Hicks View Post
    I have had bionic, sellstrom and a useless bubble type face-shield from craft supplies. Then I tried this one (Lincoln electric omnishield pro) I found the quality is much better than any of the other ones, the shield is thicker, and the ratcheting systems work much better. It was only 39.00 on Amazon.
    done, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by David Bassett View Post
    I tend to turn things of a size and with blanks where I'm comfortable with just safety glasses. But situations differ. Of the commonly available shields I like the Bionic (by Honeywell / Uvex) as it seems better supported and more protective than the other lightweight shields. Clearly some tasks would require even sturdier protection, to date I've just avoided those.

For more information and to help you judge the level of protection each task needs, you (& everyone really) should know about the articles Lynne Yamaguchi wrote:

Safety Matters

Assess Your Risk
    reading it now, thanks!