Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SawStop Assembly Issue

On the Continental Divide somewhere in Montana
    I assembled my PCS by myself. I found the instructions to be well written and easy to understand. Thought that Sawstop went a little bit overboard on the packaging for their parts and found trying to get the stuff out of the packaging was much more annoying than just tearing open plastic bags. BUT...everything was there and it was easy to find. All-in-all, I'd have to give them an "A" on their packaging and instructions. Now that you have your saw assembled, I hope that you find that you enjoy using it as much as I do mine.

145 lbs and75 years old. Picked up the multiple boxes at the local Woodcraft store in my pickup including a mobile base supplied by Woodcraft until I go the one promised by SasStop in their promotion. Tried to remove it from truck at home by sliding it down some home made ramps. Finally a neighbor stopped to help me get it into the shop. Proceeded to use the set manual I've seen for woodworking equipment to start the assembly. It wen wonderfully until it was time to stand it up. Quick trip to HF to get a cheap chain com-along, tow trap over some ceiling framing to pull it upright. Finished without a problem except for some alignment issues with the extension tables which was quickly resolved by a call to customer support.

I'm now 79. Fast forward, moving to a new home. Single handedly disassembled down to the cube; moved loose parts to new home; movers transported the cube. Pulled out the manual and my segregated fasteners, reassembled the saw better than the first time around. Had to get electrician to wire 240 v receptacle.

Sometimes we just need to relax; deal with our impatience, and get ourselves together. Good to hear that someone acknowledges their own shortcomings. You will love the saw.

"Sometimes we just need to relax; deal with our impatience, and get ourselves together. Good to hear that someone acknowledges their own shortcomings. You will love the saw."

Well said, I agree.

Like you, a 2nd person was needed to get it unloaded (ceiling rigged hoist chain was not an option) and mounted on the base.
    "The cure for anything is saltwater....sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen

Victor,

I am glad you got the issues resolved. Have fun with that saw. I don't have one, want one but having a hard time justifying buying it.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Victor,

I am glad you got the issues resolved. Have fun with that saw. I don't have one, want one but having a hard time justifying buying it.
    Thanks.

I didn't have a saw so it was an easy decision for me. Just asked myself how much a finger was worth.
    "The cure for anything is saltwater....sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen

Victor, in order to keep you happy with the saw once you get it up and running, pay close attention to the things that can trigger the safety. When I first started mine I had t do a cross-cut and used my AL barred Accumiter. I set it within a 1/4” of the blade and boom...and I do mean boom. The cartridge fired and I had no idea why. SS provided a complimentary replacement with the admonition to keep the AL bar away from the blade, but when they go off it will shock the heck out of you. That said, you will look at your hands and go, problem one is ok, now on to problem two. I shortly after that had a 2x6x10 I was ripping. I looked it over and said it was good to go. The last one ft was wet and triggered again. I was treating the SS like I did my old Unisaw, without a care, well other than my fingers. Read the manual and understand “safe” operation. Make sure you have another cartridge on hand and another blade. It really is a great saw. Keep us posted on how it goes.

To Jack's point above, if you have any doubts as to whether the piece you are cutting will trip the brake, just use the override feature. When you activate the override, after you power the saw off from that cut, the saw will automatically revert to the safety brake mechanism being active.

I have the Saw Stop ICS and had no issues assembling the unit . Instructions were very precise .The saw is a Joy to use . 230 Volt 3 H.P. 52" fence .