Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another Dust collecting topic

An update on the project: I can't be happier after 4 months of using the Cyclone and motor.
    Getting the motor at 2.8meters height without any machinery required a lot of pulleys and tricks but eventually everything works like a charm.

The generated pressure is so much that deformed the 180ltr hard plastic barrel that i attached and now im waiting for a metal one. Also added a diy sensor to let me know when to empty the bin. I blow out without any filters and almost no dust escapes from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Michail Kyriazanos View Post
    An update on the project: I can't be happier after 4 months of using the Cyclone and motor.
    Getting the motor at 2.8meters height without any machinery required a lot of pulleys and tricks but eventually everything works like a charm.

The generated pressure is so much that deformed the 180ltr hard plastic barrel that i attached and now im waiting for a metal one. Also added a diy sensor to let me know when to empty the bin. I blow out without any filters and almost no dust escapes from there.
    The drum collapsed due to the cyclone needing more flow than the ducting can supply or if all the blast gates are closed with the cyclone running. Reducing the motor speed will prevent the drum collapsing if that is the problem and will also reduce the noise as well.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening