Thread: I'm a winner!

I'm a winner!

A guy with a phone number listed to Montego Bay, Jamaica called. I have won a prize and I need to call him back! Even with my cyborg hearing (cochlear implant) I could hear the heavy accent in his voice as he announced he was a "reverend". It was disturbing that he identified me with my former employer with whom I retired over a decade ago. He left his number but I won't be calling him back.
    Ken

Ah, come on Ken this could be fun. Pick up a cheap cell phone with a prepaid sim card and see how long you can string him along. Record the conversations (if it's legal where you live). Here's some ideas.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...t+james+veitch

All I ever get is calls about my warranty expiring. You my friend have hit the mother lode. Make sure to have your credit card handy just as a gesture of good will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    All I ever get is calls about my warranty expiring. You my friend have hit the mother lode. Make sure to have your credit card handy just as a gesture of good will.
    Ditto here too. I had one a few days ago that said “Press 9 if you wish to stop receiving these calls” Yeah, right!

It's sad that a scammer would identify himself as a "reverend".
    Please help support the Creek.

During the middle ages they celebrated the end of the plague with wine and orgies. Does anyone know if there is anything planned when this one ends?

---

Today I got calls from Egypt and Toronto Canada. This is the second time I've gotten a call from Egypt. I never answer an international call and they never leave a message.

The one that did leave a message today, from New Plymoth, ID, was about my expiring auto warranty. Since my car was bought new and is now 9 years old and has over 140,000 miles on it, I think that ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Meyer View Post
    Today I got calls from Egypt and Toronto Canada. This is the second time I've gotten a call from Egypt. I never answer an international call and they never leave a message.

The one that did leave a message today, from New Plymoth, ID, was about my expiring auto warranty. Since my car was bought new and is now 9 years old and has over 140,000 miles on it, I think that ship has sailed.

Probably! LOL!
    Ken

I told the warranty guy that I wanted to extend the warranty for my Bentley Continental ( that I really don't have) . I asked him if wiper blades and washer fluid were covered. He says " Dude, you have a Bentley, you can afford your own." Then he hung up.

I always want to ask if they will warranty my supposed 1920 Hupmobile. Only I would only say 20. The odometer is under 9,999. Since any higher and it would roll over (no idea if that is true). It has a self starter is that covered? How about those new fangled electric headlights?
    Bil lD.