Thread: I'm a winner!

I'm a winner!

A guy with a phone number listed to Montego Bay, Jamaica called. I have won a prize and I need to call him back! Even with my cyborg hearing (cochlear implant) I could hear the heavy accent in his voice as he announced he was a "reverend". It was disturbing that he identified me with my former employer with whom I retired over a decade ago. He left his number but I won't be calling him back.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ah, come on Ken this could be fun. Pick up a cheap cell phone with a prepaid sim card and see how long you can string him along. Record the conversations (if it's legal where you live). Here's some ideas.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...t+james+veitch

All I ever get is calls about my warranty expiring. You my friend have hit the mother lode. Make sure to have your credit card handy just as a gesture of good will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    All I ever get is calls about my warranty expiring. You my friend have hit the mother lode. Make sure to have your credit card handy just as a gesture of good will.
    Ditto here too. I had one a few days ago that said “Press 9 if you wish to stop receiving these calls” Yeah, right!

It's sad that a scammer would identify himself as a "reverend".
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Today I got calls from Egypt and Toronto Canada. This is the second time I've gotten a call from Egypt. I never answer an international call and they never leave a message.

The one that did leave a message today, from New Plymoth, ID, was about my expiring auto warranty. Since my car was bought new and is now 9 years old and has over 140,000 miles on it, I think that ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Meyer View Post
    Today I got calls from Egypt and Toronto Canada. This is the second time I've gotten a call from Egypt. I never answer an international call and they never leave a message.

The one that did leave a message today, from New Plymoth, ID, was about my expiring auto warranty. Since my car was bought new and is now 9 years old and has over 140,000 miles on it, I think that ship has sailed.

Probably! LOL!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I told the warranty guy that I wanted to extend the warranty for my Bentley Continental ( that I really don't have) . I asked him if wiper blades and washer fluid were covered. He says " Dude, you have a Bentley, you can afford your own." Then he hung up.

I always want to ask if they will warranty my supposed 1920 Hupmobile. Only I would only say 20. The odometer is under 9,999. Since any higher and it would roll over (no idea if that is true). It has a self starter is that covered? How about those new fangled electric headlights?
    Bil lD.