Thread: Miter Station I built for my garage shop

Miter Station I built for my garage shop

Loving having the storage and additional flat surfaces to accumulate things on Based on TWW's shop cabinet plans.

https://imgur.com/4jEzQ5u

Nice! I wish I had the wall space for that!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thanks Bruce... you should see the other half of the garage!

Blog Entries
    I was literally just watching that episode of TWW this morning, and am really considering copying some aspects of the build to further enhance my own setup.

Your looks like it turned out great, and it's already getting filled up with gear. Nice work!

The most important thing that he says in that video (in my opinion) is about not having a fence to the left and right of the saw (only have t track and stops). He's totally right that a long fence can affect the cut, it happens to me frequently (I resolve by adding a short temporary additional fence near the blade to pull piece away from the fence a little bit).

At the least, I'll mimic his "un-fence" idea as it makes a lot of sense to me now.
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)

Hey Bob,

Thank you! Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I had purchased a pickup truck bed full of offcuts from a guy on craigslist for $60 about 5 years ago, so I dug through those to use for the hardwood portions (top trim, drawer trim, and cabinet doors), but that also resulted in kind of a mix of species. I found a lot of hardwoods look the same when they are rough sawn and probably 30-50 years old.

At any rate, I do like the fence-less fence system. It makes for a ton more space and you don't run into the issues you mentioned with the long fence. Hopefully it works out in the long run.

Also, my in-laws live in Collegeville! Cool to see so many folks from PA here...

Zac

Forgive my ignorance, but what TWW stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but what TWW stand for?
    https://thewoodwhisperer.com/

The Wood Whisperer... Marc has been doing awesome woodworking content on youtube for many years.