Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dust collection fittings

Steve, Do you use the port on the drill press fence now? My Rockler Fence had a dust port on it with a 2-1/2" connection, but I ended up removing it because it couldn't collect the bigger chips from Forstner bits without plugging constantly. I'd consider changing to a different fence if the dust collection worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Starr View Post
    Steve, Do you use the port on the drill press fence now? My Rockler Fence had a dust port on it with a 2-1/2" connection, but I ended up removing it because it couldn't collect the bigger chips from Forstner bits without plugging constantly. I'd consider changing to a different fence if the dust collection worked.
    Yes, I use that port now, but connected to my Shop Vac or CT-MIDI depending on what I'm picking up. I use the Shop Vac for larger chips like with a Forstner bit, because the smaller diameter on the CT hose definitely plugs with those. It's still a Shop Vac-sized opening though, so I don't know if it would really be any better hooked up to a DC, and therefore still might clog from time-to-time. I haven't used it enough to really tell, unfortunately.
    And there was trouble, taking place...