Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browsers

I switched to Duck Duck Go on Chrome and have been happy with it. It may not hit every desired point but it's close enough and I don't get a bunch of popups in FB now.

On the Continental Divide somewhere in Montana
    I'm in the minority - I use a browser called Brave - I really like the security features that are built into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Seng View Post
    I'm in the minority - I use a browser called Brave - I really like the security features that are built into it.
    I've also switched to Brave & Duck-Duck Go.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    Which one do you use?

I use Chrome and am happy with it.

I keep getting messages to use AVG, but I am reluctant to change something I have been using for years.
    I use Firefox on both my home and office laptop. On phone I use Chrome and Firefox both. I normally uninstall Edge and few other Windows features.

I use Windows 10 and built in protection does the needful. Have not installed any dedicated antivirus or anti-malware since Windows 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuj Prateek View Post
    I normally uninstall Edge and few other Windows features.
    Hi Anuj. I uninstalled Edge on my Windows 10 computer. Next time I restarted the computer it was back. Any tips on keeping it away? Would I have to disable automatic updates for Windows?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Nuckles View Post
    Hi Anuj. I uninstalled Edge on my Windows 10 computer. Next time I restarted the computer it was back. Any tips on keeping it away? Would I have to disable automatic updates for Windows?

I just checked on my work Laptop, and, its back here as well.

Appears MS has made its removal very difficult.
    Will try to find a way, when I am on my Home Laptop.
    Never noticed it, since I have Firefox set as default browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Starr View Post
    I use Firefox most of the time, but to keep Chrome on my laptop for those occasional compatibility issues. I'm loathe to use Edge just because Windows10 pushes it so hard. It is forever trying to tell me Microsoft knows better than I do which browsers I'd like to use.
    I've found that on Firefox if a web site doesn't function as I expect it often times helps to restart in safe mode. On Firefox for Ubuntu it's under the Help menu; Help -> Restart with add-ons disabled. Some sites do seem to be optimized for Chrome. For those I use Chromium based Vivaldi. I try to avoid exposure to Google to the maximum extent possible. It's pretty much impossible to avoid completely - that silly 'click on the pictures of stoplights' thing requires Google. Firefox has an add-on called NoScript. It's a pain to use initially but once set up gives quite a bit of control over Javascript scripts. It's amazing how many scripts run on some sites, no wonder they're slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuj Prateek View Post
    I just checked on my work Laptop, and, its back here as well.

Appears MS has made its removal very difficult.
    Will try to find a way, when I am on my Home Laptop.
    Never noticed it, since I have Firefox set as default browser.
    Tried removing it yesterday. Edge (non-chromium) appears as System App now. No set way to remove it anymore