Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walls...

I paneled my shop with prepainted paneling. It has no strength so fasteners must find studs but it was quick and easy and it looks good.

Hi Andrew,
    I built my stand alone shop using barn beams from our old barn and used slot(slat?) wall panels for all the interior sheeting. I had a friend in the biz and picked up the sheets at the processing plant
    for ~~ $8/sheet. Besides being a good deal and a great way to hang tools-move-rehang-reorganize-move, etc. it made the shop look like the old corn cribs of my youth. Likely not a cheap deal for new
    material now but there are a lot of retail spaces "reorganizing" now and I have had several contractor buddies ask if I wanted some slat wall that was heading to the landfill if they couldn't find an
    interested "repurposer". Free is a pretty good deal and the used hangers usually are plentiful and cheap. May take a little time and effort to find a source but something to consider. Good luck.

I used 7/16 OSB for the walls in my last two shops. In both, I skim coated it with joint compound before painting to fill in the voids. I think it looks good painted with cheap white ceiling paint. It is quite strong. I agree it is pretty ugly until it is filled and painted. But once that is done if looks fine to me. But if I could get plywood at a similar price I would use it instead. It's nicer.