Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Real Estate is a Circus Right Now

Nothing like timing to the minuet, eih? We'll have to do the "big transfer" thing once the bridge loan funds. That may be by wire or may be by cashier's check. Either way, a visit to the bank will be required.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post

So...that means...a shop build is in my future.

Jim,

Congrats! We just relocated from Illinois to Atlanta. We purchased a home with a perfect place for an expanded shop in the terrace level. Everything still in boxes, but machines are moved in. I'll be upgrading some, and getting organized. I'm looking forward to it as I'm sure you will be too getting started on planning a new shop. Keep us informed, and I would like to see the progress in pictures, and your logic on why you plan on doing this or that..

Thanks, David! I'm just about ready to start moving the shop into the temporary space ("garage" ) ...which is going to be a "not fun" task. I have to get moving on it because the old property listing goes live today, literally. So I need my stuff out so I can clean out the building. I rented a storage locker locally to put my material and other things in for awhile until I can get a building up. There's just not enough room for everything in a 21' x 21' "garage".
    --

I used Pack Rat to move my tools. They have a 6k load rating for the 16' container, the doors are swing, and everything loads on the ground. They pick up store (if you want to) and deliver. A good option that worked for me. I used 4 pods and a moving van!

I'll check that out, David, but most likely my CNC, J/P, BS, lathe and tool cabinets will move on my trailer or someone's trailer. It's a 6 mile move.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I'll check that out, David, but most likely my CNC, J/P, BS, lathe and tool cabinets will move on my trailer or someone's trailer. It's a 6 mile move.
    Stock up on ibuprofen, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    Stock up on ibuprofen, now.
    I can't take it anymore...had to switch to other things. LOL But yea, after helping Jeff load the 1500 lb slider yesterday, I'm really feeling it! (I sold the slider rather than pay money to store it for as much as a year)
    --