Thread: Bench Dogs?

Bench Dogs?

As I wait for a Parf Guide, I’ve been looking at Bench Dogs. Any recommendations for 20mm dogs? I’ll need two larger dogs for my guide rail, and smaller dogs to support materials for cutting.

I thought this would be simple, but I’m reading that even dogs can have play which leads to inaccuracies...

I grabbed some 20mm SS dogs from Lee Valley. They have an M8 threaded hole top-center that's been handy for augmenting them, too. They fit "darn snug" in the holes, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

+ 1 for the Lee Valley dogs which are stainless steel. I have some TSO dogs that are aluminum that I also like

I've got the Parf dogs which are a perfect fit in 3/4" birch ply made with the bit that I got with my Parf Guide set-even after a few years.

I use the Parf Super Dogs for the track, they expand when you tighten the adjuster on top, no slop at all.

Thanks guys. I ended up with some parf pups and some super dogs. They are a little more than I was looking to spend, but M8 knobs were out of stock...

I didn’t realize there were so many choices out there, so I appreciate the input.

If anybody had any other suggestions, keep them coming!

even Dogs can become a slippery slope
    specially the dog clamps, bases, etc.
    TSO, Axminster has great selection
    a few UK companies have interesting line up
    Seneca in USA, all have something unique...
    u really do need perfect fit dogs, as good as the parf system is, its not perfect
    so adding errors in the dogs is not worth the risk.
    there is several videos showing how to check your 90s with the dogs by doing 5 cut method, or just use a big WP square...