Thread: Wen Filters.....anyone notice?

Angry Wen Filters.....anyone notice?

The build up of saw dust on the exit side? Both of mine have spots with build up on the exit end. Or little spots around the control panel that have air leaks that have build up. I also, on my older unit, have dust trapped behind the clear plastic that covers the speed/timer lights.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised for something only costs $125. Also shouldn't be surprised when the bag filter has a 1/4 gap at the top between the filter and case that they try to stop infiltration with a cheap foam gasket.

EDIT: Just noticed that my new one 3.5 months old has dust trapped behind one of the light covers.
    If over thinking was an Olympic event, I'd win Gold every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fox View Post
    The build up of saw dust on the exit side? Both of mine have spots with build up on the exit end. Or little spots around the control panel that have air leaks that have build up. I also, on my older unit, have dust trapped behind the clear plastic that covers the speed/timer lights.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised for something only costs $125. Also shouldn't be surprised when the bag filter has a 1/4 gap at the top between the filter and case that they try to stop infiltration with a cheap foam gasket.

EDIT: Just noticed that my new one 3.5 months old has dust trapped behind one of the light covers.
    Yup, I have both the small and larger WEN air cleaners, and have noticed the same thing about buildup at the exit. I haven't noticed anything about the lights though.

I consider it acceptable given how much I spent on these units. I would actually say that these units have exceeded my expectations in all areas for their cost, and I find them to be a great value - not the best quality by any means, but they do more than what I was hoping they would be able to do in my workshop. I did add the washable filter to the larger unit, and wash that periodically.

Oh I think they definitely help too. Filters are always getting dirty. I think I might try and replace/add some rubber gasket behind/around the bag filter and just seal it up a tad more.

Guess it was more of an observation and just a mild complaint. Hopefully I didn't come across as all sorts of pissed off.

I've got that same small Wen unit and a large Jet also . I got the Wen to leave it on 24/7 , trying to keep my mini split as clean as I can . The Jet gets used as needed when I'm working . The fit/finish on that Wen is not real good , you're right . I paid $110 on Amazon , so it was purely price driven for me .

I installed a 3/8" foam strip on the top where the gap was. Now it's a wedge fit. We'll see if it helps any. It's like they need to modify the design or something so that their is a little pressure on the bag filter to hold it against their gaskets for a tighter seal.

Again, they were $125 and are collecting stuff regardless. Better than nothing!

Is it possible you may need new filters? For $125, they may be counting on the replacement filter sales.

Need a good seal from clean to dirty side regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael W. Clark View Post
    Is it possible you may need new filters? For $125, they may be counting on the replacement filter sales.
    I replace the first filter quite regularly. Both bag filters, even the older unit, were not to dirty. You can see dust sneaking around the bag filter, well the build up that is. The two little clips that hold everything in doesn't apply enough pressure (IMO) to seat the bag filter against their thin foam gasket.

It's still better than nothing.