I have a Shapeoko 3 XXL with the Carbide 3D router. It's been fine for what I've been doing with it. I upgraded the Z axis from the standard old Z to the HDZ, I dumped Carbide Create software and bought Vectric's VCarve Pro (way better software). If you're looking to get started with CNC, then I'd recommend either the Shapeoko Pro or the Onefinity. The thing I will tell you up front? Be ready to "tinker". These entry level CNC's are made to get your "started" and it's like anything woodworking related.....it is where the money spending "starts".

If you're looking for small things to do with CNC...then these are fine. I did buy a Chinese VFD with a 2.2KW liquid cooled spindle to put on mine, I just haven't gotten that far with it yet. If you are looking to do small intricate things like engraving, cutting small objects, then laser is the way to go.

When you buy hobby CNC setups...it's easy to sneak up on $6K in your spending trying to get it where you want it.
I get frustrated with mine because I tend to buy machines for my woodworking and I expect them to "get to work". Well, that was what I was expecting with the SO3XXL but I spent so much time tinkering and fidgeting with it until I got frustrated and let it be until I learned more about why it needed so much tinkering and such. The key to working with a hobby cnc setup is to not have great expectations and never push the machine very hard or it will skip steps during the machining process and really hose you up! The other issue that most have is static that causes the USB interface to crash or stop working in the middle of your work.

Sorry, not dumping on you here, but trying to tell you what all I've dealt with, had to do, and what I spent money on to just "get started". Yet one more expensive lesson that I had to learn on my own....because I didn't have $25K to drop on the CNC that I really wanted to begin with.