Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PayPal burn

So John, how did you "actually" pay? As in, does Paypal source money from your bank account, debit card, credit card-? If credit card, you still may be able to do a chargeback by dealing directly your card company. I don't know this for sure, but maybe worth a try?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    So John, how did you "actually" pay? As in, does Paypal source money from your bank account, debit card, credit card-? If credit card, you still may be able to do a chargeback by dealing directly your card company. I don't know this for sure, but maybe worth a try?
    This is what I am doing with my bank now. Was there Fri and they will let me know in 10 days. I hope they just do a good faith return of funds and they write off on their insurance. As I said numerous times here. I was schooled and learned about the F&F policy. I have done that with a few people before on another site but was more friendly with them. This was a knee jerk reaction to maybe actually getting this sander for the price and when they showed photos of a used sander with saw dust all around it just made me giddy. Probably was a photo they got off pintrest or somewhere. I guess I am too honest and trusting. This was a first and will hopefully be the last. I learned from this and all the info I got from here and other sites. I thank everyone and will let you know how it turns out.
    John T.

Quote Originally Posted by John Terefenko View Post
    This is what I am doing with my bank now. Was there Fri and they will let me know in 10 days. I hope they just do a good faith return of funds and they write off on their insurance. As I said numerous times here. I was schooled and learned about the F&F policy. I have done that with a few people before on another site but was more friendly with them. This was a knee jerk reaction to maybe actually getting this sander for the price and when they showed photos of a used sander with saw dust all around it just made me giddy. Probably was a photo they got off pintrest or somewhere. I guess I am too honest and trusting. This was a first and will hopefully be the last. I learned from this and all the info I got from here and other sites. I thank everyone and will let you know how it turns out.
    If you are made whole, great. About a decade ago, I represented a guy that got caught in a deal over part for a corvette on ebay. The part never showed up. We sued in small claims court on the grounds that payment included delivery to him at his residence. Since performance was to be completed in his home state, his home state had "long arm" jurisdiction over the Florida seller. We even had service of process by a Florida Sherriff dept.
    We got judgment under his states, consumer protection statute of three times the value plus attorney's fees. Waited for the judgment to be at least 30 days old (past the period for appeals) So instead of a judgment for $900 dollars he got a judgment for $3,100 plus costs. We filed the judgment in the county where the seller lived and it became a lien on his property. Apparently, the judgment affected his credit and when he found out his loan was turned down, he was livid. It took another month, but the guy ended up paying. Ironically, I ended up representing the seller who was similarly burned by a parson in the same town as my office. He got a small claim judgment in Fla, and I handled the collection of the judgment here in PA. Such procedures will not work in every state, but work in about half.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Jim, it's the seller that gets hit with the 3% service fee. Sellers are not supposed to actually ask for 3% more, too, per PayPal's policies...if they want to cover it behind the scenes, they are supposed to price accordingly. But most importantly in this case, the scammers are asking for F&F specifically because they know that it's a one way deal that the buyer cannot recover from...it's the equivalent of cash and possession of the "cash" is final.
    "Sellers are not supposed to actually ask for 3% more," but they occasionally do.

Having been a seller and buyer using Paypal my items on ebay not only calculate the Paypal fees they usually include shipping to US locations in the starting price.

Paypal offers a secure service. To me it usually doesn't bother me to pay the extra 3%. Some have asked me to use F&F payment. That is also okay with me.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I did mention that I would let you know the outcome. Well the bank has reimbursed me the $200 to my account. Had to go in and clear up with PayPal because they froze my account after Bank informed them of the scam. But all is good again.
    John T.

Very glad to get this update. Thank you.

About 20 years ago I got scammed. This was very early on in the old scam where they’d send you a cashiers check for more than the asking price. I didn’t know any better and brought the CC to my bank and told them the deal and they said it was good to go. Money appeared in my account and everything. I too my money and sent the rest back. Obviously it was a scam. Thing that really irks me is the money cleared and not until a couple weeks later did the fraud dept from the bank call saying it was forged. Learned from that one. And if happened to me today I’d be a lot More cautious.