Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shop Tunes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I think Prashun is pushing us all to listen to Inna Gota Da Vida based on his thread in GW&PT...
    My bedroom was right below my folks growing up in Arkansas (poor design!). They once told me if they ever heard Iron Butterfly again they would disown me. No problem, I moved on to Free Bird.

I have “eclectic” tastes in music - combo of classical, classic rock, contemporary “soft rock”, Christian, even a little bit of country. With our recent downsizing which got me my first real shop, a detached second two-car garage size building, I bought a power line wi-fi extender and can now get either Pandora on my iPhone or the selection of tunes saved in the music app. I use the music app probably 75% of the time, the rest Pandora.

My iPhone connects to my whizzy Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids, so I can listen even when using hearing protectors. Only downside is that I won’t have tunes if/when I have others in the shop with me, I have a notion for that in the works...
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity" - anon

Nothing

I love music, mainly the Classics from Barroque and Rococo period up to late Romantic. Also like oldies from 1930s to 1960s...

...but I love absolute silence in the shop, except from tools and machines. Music in the shop is, to me, a distraction and nuisance. Silence is golden.
    All the best.

Osvaldo.

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldo Cristo View Post
    I love music, mainly the Classics from Barroque and Rococo period up to late Romantic. Also like oldies from 1930s to 1960s...

...but I love absolute silence in the shop, except from tools and machines. Music in the shop is, to me, a distraction and nuisance. Silence is golden.
    Got to agree. I need to be safe. Music would be a distraction.
    Charlie Jones