Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: Shop Tunes?

  1. #1

    Shop Tunes?

    Hello everyone,

    Just wondering for those who listen to music in their shops what are your "go-to" artists/albums?
    Currently blasting: Black Sabbath,, Decemberists, High On Fire, Steely Dan (ok dad, you were right all these years) Band of Horses, Tom Waits, Wes Montgomery, and Rainbow.

    Also, does anyone else need to play certain music for specific tasks? I can't hand cut dovetails listening to Black Sabbath, but I also can't dimension lumber listening to jazz.

  2. #2
    Miles Davis (The Earlier stuff, Kind of Cool, Birth of the Cool), Dave Brubeck, Dylan, The Band, CSNY, N Young, Chamin Correa, Eva Cassidy, Jesse Young, Joni M, Aretha, Stones. For the serious work Vespers Amy Winehouse, Warren Zevon, Elvis, Pablo Cassal, YoYo MA, Big Band, the old crooners, but I think I am older than you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Waterford, PA
    Southern rock, no matter the artist...Boston, Fleetwood Mac (the oldest stuff), Traveling Wilburys, Meatloaf, Jazz, Swing, some classical. It al depends what I need to do. I can't "think" if there are lyrics.

  4. #4
    I usually just tune to one of my Pandora stations, rock or jazz. I have a TV connected to a Roku and a Raspberry Pi in the shop. I can listen to various internet stations as well as pandora. that way I can think more about what I'm doing and less about what to listen to next.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Toronto Ontario
    Science and politics podcasts and CBC radio......Rod.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Blog Entries
    I have much of my flat spinny things (CD's, Records) digitized and on hard drives. I randomly play a little over 330 hours of songs from various artists via an old laptop running a lightweight unix OS. I can also listen to whatever LOML is playing on Pandora by switching on a wireless setup I have available.
    I always forget . . . Is it the letter "S" or the letter "C" that is silent in the word scent?
    - Glenn (the second "N" is silent) Bradley

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Eagle, WI
    Variety of podcasts...woodworking, home building, humor, political, biographical

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Central IL
    Joe Bonamassa 90% of the time. Various others the other 10%

  9. #9
    50's and 60's rock n roll, doo wop, boogie woogie, older country and western. Stuck in a time warp, before the Beatles.
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 02-12-2021 at 9:06 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    SE PA - Central Bucks County
    I listen to via an Alexa talking to a Nakamichi "shelf" system that has a sub. Broad, eclectic, wonderful mix of music and the sound is very pleasing...even better since the acoustic ceiling went in!

    The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Morocco IN
    Little Feet, Junior Kimbrough, Art Pepper, Commander Cody and the Lost planet Airmen, Jellyroll Kings, Jesse Cook, Etta James, Vivaldi, Son House, Cream, Buddy Holly, Coleman Hawkins, Devil Dolls, Rosie Ledet, and of course Link Wray. Among a host of others.
    You know, the worst ain't so bad when it finally happens.
    Not half as bad as you figure it'll be before it's happened.
    - Bob Curtin

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    In the foothills of the Sandia Mountains
    I've been on a Rachael Price kick lately. What a voice!
    Please help support the Creek.

    During the middle ages they celebrated the end of the plague with wine and orgies. Does anyone know if there is anything planned when this one ends?


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    NE OH
    Most of the time I stream When they get too bluegrassy (sorry if you're a fan) I'll switch to coffeehouse on sirius or one of the folk/singer songwriter streams on Pandora. Or just shuffle from the plex server that has all my ripped Cd's and LP's.

    [edited to correct website]
    Last edited by Paul F Franklin; 02-12-2021 at 9:57 AM.
    --Certainty is the refuge of a small mind--

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Josh Garrells or Flannelgraph Radio on Spotify. Mostly acoustic folk now that Iíve mellowed.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I generally stream Sirius XM through my WiFi and phone into a Bose Soundlink. I've been on a Jazz kick lately. It goes well with hand work.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts