Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman uses Gorilla Glue instead of hair spray

Blog Entries

Woman uses Gorilla Glue instead of hair spray

This was a bad idea. I remember when Gorilla Glue came out. Among the usual directions was what to do if it got in your clothes, ”buy new clothes.”

at the end is the plastic surgeons recipe for getting it out. I didn’t see proportions.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/11/goril...astic-surgeon/

Blog Entries
    Now she is suing Gorilla Glue because the warning label didn’t say not to use it in your hair.

Shocking...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Now she is suing Gorilla Glue because the warning label didn’t say not to use it in your hair.
    Malcom,
    honestly, I didn’t believe you but here it is.
    https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/wo...dering-lawsuit
    To be fair, the article says she has contacted a lawyer to look into a lawsuit.
    Sigh...
    Last edited by Roger Feeley; 02-11-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Blog Entries
    I generally enjoy reading the warnings on products because every weird warning is the result of a lawsuit.

Hopefully, this lawsuit won’t get very far.

Darwin should have filtered this one out of the gene pool long ago.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Where is Jeff Foxworthy when we need him?
    Regards,

Tom

There's a comedian dealt with this sometime ago.

The "Are you $hitt:ng me?" defense.

Affixed to a snow ski, "Do not use this device during childbirth..."

Coffee cans that say, "Not to be used as a flotation device."

"Operators of this forklift shall face the direction of travel."

"Do not look into laser with remaining eye."

I prefer epoxy because of its longer open time. It lets me get the style just right before it sets.

I saw this news article earlier. Gorilla Glue responded with the text of their warning, and if I recall correctly, it says not to get it on your hair.

It was not the woodworking Gorilla Glue - it was some spray glue (if I recall correctly).

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    It was not the woodworking Gorilla Glue - it was some spray glue (if I recall correctly).
    Mike
    Yeah, she holds up the spray can in the video. she was very fortunate to find a cosmetic surgeon with a chemistry background. My impression is that he just rose to an intriguing challenge. She got a $12,000 procedure for free. I suspect that’s an understatement because the surgeon bot a human hair wig to experiment on.

GG website doesn’t say what the spray is. If it’s a spray version of the original, that would be kinda handy as long as you have a way to control overspray. In the video, the lady tapped it and it sounded hard to me.

Jay, thanks for testing the GG and posting a new selfie to show how great it works on hair ! Gonna try it!

I look at this with a different perspective thanks to a conversation with a bright young gal a few weeks ago. So far, all the posts appear to be from men who have probably handled many different types of glue in their lives. I am also guessing you have very simple hair care routines such as wash, dry with towel, comb/brush and out the door in minutes. Most of us on this forum already know what Gorilla Glue is.

I have been doing PT for awhile due to ankle surgery. The staff has a delightful young intern working there. A few weeks ago, somehow we got on the subject of her being daring and cutting her hair super-short because of covid. She said she had long hair since she was a child. I asked if she had a picture on her phone with her hair long. Wow. She had such stunning and "fun" hair just above her shoulders, that when pulled straight, could reach her waist. She told me she loved her hair like that, but it took her several hours to separate her hair into ringlets and apply hair product to each ringlet so it would stay in place. She only washed her hair once or twice a week. The reason was, it took her at least 30 minutes in the shower to shampoo the product out of her hair, as well as separate her hair into small sections to rinse the shampoo out down to her scalp. Then it took hours for her hair to dry. She is loving the freedom she now has to take a quick shower, spend mere minutes drying her hair, and having so many extra hours in her life to learn new activities.

Being over 50, white, with thin straight hair, it was quite a surprise to learn all that. My heart goes out to the woman with GG in her hair. You can see the fear, despair and physical pain she is going through.

This woman, along with countless other women with her type of hair, can spend hours straightening it and styling it out of necessity. They have to use different types of "hair glue" to hold their hair in even a simple straight ponytail. They usually have to look on the bottom shelf in the shampoo section or search around to totally different store sections to find their hair products. I'm guessing she ordered it online due to covid shopping challenges and it may have shown up in her search algorithms due to purchasing other hair "glue" products.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    Darwin should have filtered this one out of the gene pool long ago.
    +1. You know what they say:
    "When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. All of the pain is felt by others.
    The same thing happens when you are stupid
    ."

The last time I saw anything quite like this was when the paper had a story about two drunk guys in Georgia playing catch with a live rattlesnake.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Many years ago we had a group of ladies that went to Home Depot and bought Silicone caulk. Then they went to one garage and did DIY implants. Seems the stuff the doctors use does not sting and get lumpy.
    Bil lD