Thread: Festool Repair

Festool Repair

I went on the Festool site tonight to request a repair for an ETS 150/3 EQ sander I bought in 2004. The variable speed hasn't worked in a long time, otherwise it runs fine... Anyway, the request form asks for "T-Nr" and "S-Nr." but my sander tag is labeled with "B. Nr." and "M. Nr." either one entered in the "S-Nr" field on the form results in a "Please enter a valid serial number" message. I see no other numbers on the sander that would appear to be a serial number... Anybody run into this and have an idea how to proceed?
    Thanks!

Call them.

Hi Brad. When completing an online service request a couple weeks ago, I noticed an option just below the area asking for serial #s and it essentially says, “I don’t have the info you are asking for”. If you aren’t able to reach a live person, maybe this suggestion will prove helpful.

Just for record keeping on my end and to piggy back this, is there anywhere that does 3rd party repairs? Long story short, I purchased a used Domino XL that has never been registered. Festool does not allow me to register it for warranty due to the original owner never registering it. I am just trying to protect myself in a just in case kind of situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Otis View Post
    Hi Brad. When completing an online service request a couple weeks ago, I noticed an option just below the area asking for serial #s and it essentially says, “I don’t have the info you are asking for”. If you aren’t able to reach a live person, maybe this suggestion will prove helpful.
    Ah yes Jake, right you are... My screen resolution was set such that i had to scroll to see it...
    Once i checked this box, i was able to submit the request and get return instructions. Thanks a bunch.
    Brad

repair1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brad Schmid; 02-11-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Ryan,
    At close to 17 years of age, the warranty on my sander is long past expiration. I'm doing this as a chargeable repair through Festool service in Lebanon, IN. I'm sure you could do the same regardless of whether it is registered or not. In fact I don't think there even was a registration process when i bought it. I don't know about 3rd party service centers.

Get a quote!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Engel View Post
    Get a quote!!
    Without having the tool in hand to evaluate, the only estimate Festool is willing to provide up front is "typical repair cost is less than half the cost of a new tool". They do not execute a chargeable repair until customer is notified and approves, and return shipping is customer responsibility and is included in the repair quote. Of course, customer is also responsible for shipping to the service center.
    Last edited by Brad Schmid; 02-11-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Leduc View Post
    Just for record keeping on my end and to piggy back this, is there anywhere that does 3rd party repairs? Long story short, I purchased a used Domino XL that has never been registered. Festool does not allow me to register it for warranty due to the original owner never registering it. I am just trying to protect myself in a just in case kind of situation.
    My suggestion would be to find out, if possible, where the original owner purchased the 700 and attempt to verify purchase date with the retailer who sold it. I have never heard of a third party who works on Festools, especially the Dominos, as they are a tool which is unique only to Festool.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Heinemann View Post
    My suggestion would be to find out, if possible, where the original owner purchased the 700 and attempt to verify purchase date with the retailer who sold it. I have never heard of a third party who works on Festools, especially the Dominos, as they are a tool which is unique only to Festool.
    I have since asked and waiting to hear back. It was never registered but from how Festool explained it to me, the dealer should have registered it too. Worst case scenario, I send it back to Festool if there is ever an issue and pay out of pocket.

Brad, there was a registration process back then. The tools shipped with a green postcard for the 1+2 warranty registration.

Bear in mind, if you send your sander in for non warranty work, you pay shipping both ways. And if you decide not to repair it after evaluation, the tool will be sent back to you dissembled and non functioning.