Thread: Camping near Marc Adams

Camping near Marc Adams

Not sure this is the correct forum, but Off Topic seems too remote.

I have contemplated classes at Marc Adams in the past, but events always intruded. Contemplating again, but probably for 2022 (still skeptical how the vaccine thing will work out). I own a small (under 20 ft) but very comfortable travel trailer, that has all comforts but shower and flush toilet.. I can get by without electric connection, tho 30 amp makes life much easier.

Can anyone here help me on camping around the Marc Adams school? I desperately hate hotel rooms, too much time working as a road warrior, so even a little rough is better. I see a county campground that looks like it might work, but suspect others here will have considerable direct knowledge.

So, recommendations for accommodation for Marc Adams school in Indiana, please.

John — Have you reached out to the school directly? I’m sure they can direct you if you want to camp. Also, they have lots of options for accommodations, including several properties that they own near the school that are not hotels. I’ve taken quite a few classes there over the years and it’s a fantastic facility.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

You can also get with the local chamber of commerce and the visitors burrow. I have been to the school as well and they do have good instructors there.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Have you ever tried RV Parky?, it shows a few more or less close by. If it were me I'd try Johnson County Park http://www.jocoparks.com/johnson-county-park/ as I like public parks. There is a Lake Motel and Campground that's closer, but it's not well rated. There's also a fairgrounds in Franklin if that works.

Done that already, thanks. It looked like the Johnson County park was the most likely. But I also figured it was highly likely that some on SMC have already done exactly what I am thinking of.

I'm at sort of a conceptual level. I have had a couple of classes I wanted to take, found them full, others where the world had other plans (pandemics, etc.). So I am just in the mode of 'if I did this, how would I do this'.

The near-site housing that the school owns is great and very reasonably priced. Also a great chance to get to know several other folks taking different classes.

You might talk to Marc, given the pandemic they might be willing to make an exception to the no camping on the premises policy, assuming you're set up to boondock for a week.

Personally, I think he would be crazy to allow any camping. You end up being the sheriff, and it doesn't take long to get there.