Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Coffee

Speaking of Coffee

Has anyone tried this ? Toted to be the worlds strongest coffee and what did you think of it?

Coffee.jpg
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Not strongest so much as elevated levels of caffeine.

It's coffee. Pricey coffee. I would say nothing special in terms of taste relative to other brands like Peets or Starbucks or whathaveyou at the grocery store. They have a marketing program that makes it attractive (nifty packaging, stickers, mugs, etc.) but it's coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Has anyone tried this ? Toted to be the worlds strongest coffee and what did you think of it?

Coffee.jpg

I haven't tried it but they have some funny advertisements on FB.

I will stick with my weak Folgers, thank you!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 02-10-2021 at 10:44 AM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Winco sells 'Red Brick' coffee, lots of flavors-- one of them they call "Rocket Java". The first word they use to describe it is "intense"... That's putting it lightly. "Rocket Java" is a fitting name, because to me it tastes like jet fuel. It's the only coffee I've never been able to drink. Yet there's more bulk containers of it than any other flavor, so I guess it's popular. Don't know the caffeine content, but "strong", most definitely

If 'Death Wish' tastes anything like it, I'll pass...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Stunt coffee? No thanks. A regular Starbucks would have me jacked up for hours. I gave up caffeine years ago.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

$20 a pound.

I get squeamish over my Bustelo at $3/pound.

Yikes

Nope. I dislike most dark roast coffees and am perfectly happy with my cheap stuff from Aldi.

Clever advertising costs money!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    $20 a pound.

I get squeamish over my Bustelo at $3/pound.

Yikes

Many of my co workers drink Death Wish coffee. They seem to like it. They are not in it for the taste though. #nightshift

I love Kona Coffee. I toured a coffee plantation and even roasted some myself.

A buddy of mine in graduate school was really into coffee. He decided to make the strongest coffee he could make.
    Being a chemist, he set up a reflux extraction set up. He extracted so much from the coffee beans, that the grounds had turned white!
    Not being a coffee person, I didn't try it. But the folks who did said it was the most bitter coffee they every had. (he had extracted basically everything but the cellulose from the beans).

John

Well I'd like the coffee to taste good not bitter LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stankus View Post
    A buddy of mine in graduate school was really into coffee. He decided to make the strongest coffee he could make.
    Being a chemist, he set up a reflux extraction set up. He extracted so much from the coffee beans, that the grounds had turned white!
    Not being a coffee person, I didn't try it. But the folks who did said it was the most bitter coffee they every had. (he had extracted basically everything but the cellulose from the beans).

John
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    What is the preferred way to make coffee? Can the best way make cheap coffee taste great? I'm not much of a connoisseur but it absolutely has to be black.

Thats what I'm trying to find out. experimenting, grind whole bean, different brands, drip perk. Taste black, don't like black, add a little Italian Sweet creamer, makes most taste better to me. But still loing for the best tasting one.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

What's interesting to me is the difference in coffee brewing and the way the locals drink it around the world. In our limited international travels I learned to ask for "filter coffee" if I didn't want the local version of expresso.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....