Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaking of Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas L Carpenter View Post
    What is the preferred way to make coffee? Can the best way make cheap coffee taste great? I'm not much of a connoisseur but it absolutely has to be black.
    Aeropress or Delter

I use espresso grind, so the Delter works better.

https://theobjectdepot.com/products/delter-coffee-press

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    Aeropress or Delter

I use espresso grind, so the Delter works better.

https://theobjectdepot.com/products/delter-coffee-press
    I have and really like the Aeropress. Before that a filter cone was my choice. The Aeropress is better. Haven't tried the Delter.

The Aeropress is like a French press but without the oils and the cleanup mess. Looks like the Delter would be similar.
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

I buy what ever is on sale at Shoprite. I try to avoid the dark roasts, but I know a lot of people prefer it.

Any Canadians here? I has some Tom Horton coffee in Banf that I really liked. Can’t find it here locally.

What want is a cup of coffee that tastes as good as perked coffee smells at 5:30 in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Keeney View Post
    What want is a cup of coffee that tastes as good as perked coffee smells at 5:30 in the morning.

yea there ya go most smell pretty good when perking but don't taste that good LOL go figure
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by David L Morse View Post
    I have and really like the Aeropress. Before that a filter cone was my choice. The Aeropress is better. Haven't tried the Delter.

The Aeropress is like a French press but without the oils and the cleanup mess. Looks like the Delter would be similar.
    The plastic on my Aeropress went all weird and crazed after about a year of intermittent use, made me feel not good about using it.

If you happen to take a trip to Jamaica, try the variety grown there, if I recall correctly it is Blue Mountain coffee. They make it strong. If you just drink coffee there, it will be Folgers, they only give you the local coffee if you ask for it. Folgers is cheaper.