Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help, I'm stuck in an abusive relationship

I've sampled the green kool aid, but not the red.

I fight the Toy Story relationship though - "to Infinity and beyond..."

The Woodpecker Saw Stop fence indexer is interesting.

That also is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demuth View Post
    You made me go look. They are actually making some really interesting tools. The multi-router looks to be a wonderful tool for a shop like mine where everything is a one-off, but as always, I really can't get past the price on their tools. In that case - if I were going to spring for $3000 plus the cost of a dedicated router, I'm pretty sure, I'd just combine that check with one for a couple of other new tools, and get a multi-function European machine with a mortise platform.
    I owned a Multi-Router for decades, now I own a Pantorouter. It's a far superior machine with a fixed table and better templates. $1,850 for the Pro package. https://pantorouter.com/shop

Bernie, that was hilarious, pls tell me u are a Shrink in your day job ?

I have a love hate relationship with WP one time tools...
    I used to think, how stupid, why not stock the items?
    Now I know why... cause many of us are on the fence about their tools... sure, some are nice, but there is always other ways to accomplish the same task. Then we think, well if we dont get it, we wont have another chance, similar to older BCT. So we buy it, and 7 months later when it arrives, we forgot why we ordered it.
    OTOH, WP gets a lot more sales due to the "only one chance", and they also are assured how many to make, sort of like Kickstarter for every tool.
    I often wonder too, how many more innovative tools can they keep creating... just when I think its over, I see something new and cool, and I buy it. I bought their recent offering, a portable drill press with nice indexing guides, a nice twist on an existing product...
    So I continue to get their emails, but really think hard about how bad do I need that tool before buying. Overall their tool quality has been pretty good... only a few lemons. Nice to see an American company design and manufacturer ww tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    I owned a Multi-Router for decades, now I own a Pantorouter. It's a far superior machine with a fixed table and better templates. $1,850 for the Pro package. https://pantorouter.com/shop
    I'll second that, and if you watch Jay Bates review of it, you can get a further decent discount.

I've done three projects with mine, since buying it three weeks ago. So easy to use and bang on accurate.

Bringing the topic back on track, yes, I have many WP tools and would have many more if they were a bit more reasonably priced.

I look at these abusive relationship things with the contrasting view that the total loss or lack of self discipline contributes. In my business I covered Maine and was up there regularly. Back in the 90’s I was buying LN planes before I began woodworking. Funny really, but they were brutal. They come out to ask if they can help and when you say just looking, they leave you alone with tools, benches and wood. They make you call them out to settle up with them on your purchases. How do you say no? The quality manuf are the real Borg. “You will be assimilated.” Just burn down the bank account and enjoy. I got so I wouldn’t drive the coast road through Warren, ME, unless it was after 5pm or I had to make an appointment