Thread: Clip-on Infeed Support for Table Saw

Clip-on Infeed Support for Table Saw

Built this clip-on infeed support, and found it to be very handy when using sleds.
    It provides most of the benefits of an infeed table, and still allows me to move my body right up to the front of saw.

Here is a video showing how it works and how to make one: https://youtu.be/pp-9-CZes2I

ICS Saddle (1).jpgICS Saddle (2).jpgICS Saddle (3).jpgICS Saddle.jpg

That's a great idea right there for sure! Thanks for contributing it. I'll suggest that more than one could be helpful in some situations, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

That’s a slick idea.

Thanks for posting this Steven. After seeing this, and Lee Schierer’s infeed support, this is next on my shop improvement list.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    That looks familiar. Nice version. These things sure come in handy.

sled support 2014.jpg

Mine just has a little push-clamp but, seems to do OK even with my larger sleds.

The Biesemeyer (or similar) tube makes a good anchor for fixtures like this. I was always jealous of the euro machine quick on and off extensions that hang on rails. I saw someone post a full infeed table using a similar attachment method the other day. It looked pretty slick and made me wonder why I stopped at the little shelf on mine. Room to store the thing probably .
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 02-09-2021 at 3:28 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Good idea Steven. Thanks for posting.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Made mine a little longer, and added an adjustable support leg under it, Leg is a piece of 1/2" black iron pipe (robbed from a seldom used Pony clamp,) with an adjustable foot. Fastens to in feed table using a floor flange