Thread: Oneida V-3000 Quick Question...

Oneida V-3000 Quick Question...

I'm sure I'm missing something simple here, but it's not obvious to me how one mounts the on/off switch to the wall. If there's supposed to be a mounting bracket I did not get one...
    Thanks,
    Izzy

Are there holes on the back of it for mounting screws to pass through? If so, merely removing the cover should provide access to them so you can get it fastened to the wall.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I had the same thought when I got mine a couple years ago. I ended up screwing it to the support stand with a couple machine screws. I opened the switch cover and screwed the base in, then re-attached the cover.

I called Oneida with this very same question. They said "we usually use double-sided tape and stick it to something".

Mine is zip tied to the frame.

Izzy -- Others have addressed how to mount the on/off switch. Allow me to note that my cyclone's on/off switch is left on. It's plugged into a remote-control outlet. To turn it on and off, I simply press the button on the remote that I keep in the pocket of my apron when I'm in the shop. I find I use the DC much more regularly than I did when I had to walk the length of the shop to turn the machine on and off.

The outlet is also controlled by a wall switch next to the door to my shop. It's left on -- unless I'm working on the cyclone. Then, the wall switch is turned off and tape is used to keep the switch in that position. I don't want to rely on the remote control if I'm working on exposed wires.

My point is the location of the cyclone's on/off switch is all-but irrelevant with my set-up. Which is good, because the switch is on the cyclone's motor -- which is mounted above the ceiling joists!
    David Walser
    Mesa, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by David Walser View Post
    The outlet is also controlled by a wall switch next to the door to my shop. It's left on -- unless I'm working on the cyclone. Then, the wall switch is turned off and tape is used to keep the switch in that position. I don't want to rely on the remote control if I'm working on exposed wires.!
    This will work...unless the unit has a magnetic switch. Mag switches will not re-engage if external power is removed from them without resetting. This is an inherent safety feature of mag switches and why they are often used on machinery. Remote switching has to be tied into the magnetic switch appropriately. (I did not look up if the unit Izzy owns has a mag switch or not)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The V-3000 comes with a remote which I assume is designed work with the magnetic switch. But you still have to mount the switch somewhere/somehow, and two-sided tape just doesn't seem like the optimal solution. I thought perhaps you have to take the switch apart to get to the back to mount to the wall, but I was hesitant to do so, and Oneida has not been very responsive to my question about this.....but I'll give that a try.
    Thanks for the help!

Mine is screwed to the wall. I can't remember how I did it but I would not have been hesitant to drill a hole through the back case.