Thread: please help I'm getting desperate

please help I'm getting desperate

I have tried everything I can think of to solve this problem but I still cannot see more than 10 pages of any thread. For example: Before I log in I can see there are 71 pages in the "time for some levity" thread. However, after I log in I can only see the first 10 pages. Im guessing there is something in my profile that is limiting me but I can't seem to find it.

I really need someone to help me. I'm on a Mac using Safari and this problem only surfaced after I had to clear "History" in Safari.

Jim

Try manually searching for your SMC "cookie" after logging out from the site and deleting it. Also check in Keychain. Something is "stuck". Also check your viewing choice in Settings...I use linear. Additionally, try a different browser to see if it's Safari that's the problem. I use Chrome on MacOS and never have an issue with SMC. (Soundcloud is the only thing that's vexing for me in Chrome but it works in Safari....go figure)

Jim
    Forum Moderator
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I deleted the SMC cookie (still have problem). Tried a different browser, Google Chrome (still have problem). Changed viewing option in settings to linear. BANG problem solved.

thanks Jim

Ah, the rare but deadly view mode setting. "Glad you're back up and running!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Jim, I just figured it out. How many pages you see depends on what you select for how many post to show per page in your settings. If you select forum default you will see 77 pages If you select 40 posts per page you will see 27 pages. In either case you are seeing all that there is on any given thread.

thread display.JPG
    In your settings, click on the pull down arrow and select how many posts per page you wish to see.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 02-08-2021 at 8:07 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute