Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm kinda surprised--

I'm kinda surprised--

11:25 Mountain Standard Time on Superbowl Sunday, and not one post about it...

But then, I never watch it
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

The last time I watched any part of a super bowl game was.........never. Played football in school and after the second year became disgusted with the whole attitude, mind set, etc. All things considered, I'd learn more watching some you tube videos.

Watching people bash their brains out for entertainment has lost its appeal.

The puppy bowl was more exciting.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

You mean the Super Bore? Who played? What was the final score? Did one team actually win it? Get my drift on how I feel about pro athletics? Total waste of time and money. Doesn't NBA stand for not basketball at all?

To each their own. My wife & I enjoyed watching the game and had some good German Aecht Schlenkerla Marzen beer while doing it. Maybe next year we could actually have friends & family over for SB LVI.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Did I miss it again this year? I forgot to notice. And I have no friends who notice.

I attended football games in high school in the 60s and that's because attendance was mandatory for those in the band.
    All I remember was waiting with my trumpet until the half-time show then waiting until I could go home.
    Then I attended a collage that refused to have a football team.

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Then I attended a collage that refused to have a football team.
    Well, to be fair, a bunch of pictures pasted together wouldn't be all that exciting.

I'm losing my interest in sports too but I still like football.

I am also not a sports fan. I must admit, that my bride and I watched it, and enjoyed it. Before the game neither of us was sure who was in it. But it was nice seeing sports history made.

Then again maybe it was because we sprung for a very good pizza also.

I will probably see another game next year, if I am not busy.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Blog Entries
    My only interest was if Brady was going to get another ring.

Though my football fandom is more toward Joe Montana. He used to have the most rings. Other than that football isn't my thing.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I don't watch all of the games, but Tom Brady is the best. He has been written off a couple of times ,but doesn't seem to
    hold grudges. Bellichek is a really strange guy ; only thing I can figure about the way he treated Brady is he must have
    been thinking "I'm the STAR and don't like being upstaged". No one loves the game more than Brady. The tv sports guys
    around my burg were doing a lot of serf - like slobbering over the loser QB....but I think they will be off stage for a while.
    Some sports "greats" we're admired for being able to play pretty good ,even with a hang-over and drug abuse. Some of
    them were envied for being able to go in bar and pick up a girl. Brady is a loving family guy who plays football because
    he loves to do it. Why should he give up his hobby-career?

What is this Superbowl thing, a new breakfast cereal?

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Did I miss it again this year? I forgot to notice. And I have no friends who notice.
    You need to get out of the shop more often, John. 😏

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    You need to get out of the shop more often, John. 😏
    Actually, I need to get INTO the shop more, especially to the lathe! I've been spending too much time feeding llamas and horses, raising peacocks, clearing underbrush, and moving dirt and rocks. Good clean fun, though!

Today I learned how in intubate a bird for feeding/medicating if ill. A vet friend brought the knowledge and all the stuff and another friend and I caught a chicken - it volunteered to be a practice patient by not moving fast enough. I don't have any sick birds now but it's a good skill to have just in case. At the moment I'm nursing one of my breeding peahens for another problem: last week I found her with so much blood on her feathers I thought she was a goner. A closer look revealed a torn toe which is something I can treat!

JKJ