Thread: First Time Spray finishing

First Time Spray finishing

After doing several scrap pieces I decided to just "go for it" on a few of my doors for my kitchen. The first coat had a little roughness but after sanding for my second coat it smoothed out very nicely. It may not be the best but it definitely seems to satisfy me and it satisfied my wife. It passed the touch test haha. I must say thanks to everyone on here, definitely happy to be a member of SMC!

IMG_2163.jpgIMG_2162.jpgIMG_2161.jpg
    Last edited by Zachary Caldwell; 02-08-2021 at 12:22 AM.
    "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door!"

Great looking finish! Congratulations.

Nice job.

John

Once you get the hang of spraying, you will always want to use a spray finish. Ok, almost always.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

That looks like cherry. What finish did you use on it?

It is ML Campbell Magnamax h2o. I want to try the target brand on next project, I just have such easy access to ML Campbell.
    "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Caldwell View Post
    It is ML Campbell Magnamax h2o. I want to try the target brand on next project, I just have such easy access to ML Campbell.
    I've got the same thing with General Finishes. I always hear about Target Coatings on here, but my Rockler is fifteen minutes away, and they have nearly everything General makes on the shelf.