Thread: A little chalk

A little chalk

Yes blue tape is one way to go, but this works pretty well sometimes.

Chalk.jpg

Shows up the TS line too. I might have done that a little better, but it will be well hidden.

What type of chalk is that? When I think of chalk, I think of those big, thick pieces from my school days.

Blog Entries
    I often use plain old black board chalk to mark pieces for orientation or arrangement in a panel. It is visible and doesn't leave any residue that messes with finishes.

Regarding chalk there is an old saying: " Measure with a micrometer, mark it with chalk and cut it with an axe."
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

One of the best things I've done for layout work is to keep multiple "colors" of pencils available in my shop, largely around black, red and white which covers pretty much every species and situation. Sometimes having additional colors can be helpful in clarifying "what goes where", too...kinda like drawing out a design using layers that are different colors.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

This is ordinary blackboard chalk. It works much better in this case than a white pencil.

I use that for general marking for cutting down boards for sure...but not for fine lines. The pencil format is more to my liking there. No matter...the bigger point is that light colored markings are easy to see on darker wood.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...