Thread: Laundry Room Makeover

Laundry Room Makeover

Long overdue update to our Laundry room. The woodworking parts of the project are all straightforward, but this is the type of project that makes the wifey-poo super happy and give me lots of free shop-time passes

IMG_1668.jpgIMG_1673.jpgIMG_1670.jpg
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

There is some cleverness and really nice design there! Great idea for the drying racks for folks who want/need them and I like how you use the black pipe for the hanger system. Really nice work, Tom!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I agree with Jim; that's some clever design solutions and also very nice work. You've elevated the laundry from pure utilitarian to visually appealing. What do the drying racks ride on?

John

It’s a relatively tight room so we spent a lot of time thinking through the best use of the limited space. I can’t take full credit for the drying racks. They are a commercially available solution ... https://dryaway.net/. However, after finding it I thought about building it myself as it’s a relatively straightforward idea that utilizes standard drawer slides. I have enough on my plate, though, so opted for the “off the shelf” product. The product is a pretty elegant design and allows us to use the ceiling height (9’ ceilings) to maximum advantage.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Wow, what a great laundry room. Very nice. I’m not showing this to my wife.