Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: English Walnut Dining Table

Nice clean work John. I just love it when a top is made from the same tree perfect harmony
    Aj

John,
    That is a wonderful looking table and bench. The walnut is nice but the craftsmanship really bring it out. Joinery of the breadboard ends and the overall finish makes it a really great piece. I know the owner will cherish this piece for so many reasons.
    Jim

Very nice. I like the wood and you do good work.
    Charlie Jones

Thanks very much everyone.

I delivered the table and bench today and thought we were going to have a last minute problem. We get to the house and asked the lady to show us where the table was going to go. Only then did I find out it had to go upstairs to the second floor. Heart in throat I asked her to show me the stairway. Thankfully it had a 36" door at both ends and enough room in the hallway at the top for the base to make the turn. Still, going up those stairs with the 100+ lb top was a good workout for two guys north of 65. But we got it done with no damage to the table our ourselves. After we got the top on the base I crawled underneath and attached the two together with tabletop clips and it was done.

The lady was VERY happy with both the table and bench, even sent me an email afterwards to thank me again. And that, plus her check, made me very happy.

John

Just saw the table John. You did a fabulous job on everything. It is nice to hear that someone enjoys the outcome, of your years of experience in making and finishing wood furniture, and doing it well.

Table looks great.
    Including knots or other "defects" to me is a positive statement that this came from a tree.