Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Target Coating EM-8000CV Review

I have used the 8000 finish (sprayed) on a number of projects and have been extremely happy with the result and the how well the finish works!

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Rich, for a conversion gun, you'll definitely want a much larger compressor. You also have the option to consider a turbine based system that doesn't need an external compressor.
    Thanks, Jim. I will check out the turbine based system. Any recommendations for a particular system??
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

I'm not up on turbine systems as I've never owned one, but there's been plenty of discussion here in this forum area that might be helpful. It seems that Fuji is pretty popular, for example.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I've been spraying Target products with a Fuji Semi Pro 2 for a couple years, and now a Q4. Either are fine. The gun/cup for the Q4 are better than the SP2.

I would choose a turbine system that is ultimately compatible with the 3m PPS cup system, which would be ultimately used in conjunction with your sprayer to make clean up and spraying small quantities very easy. This is not necessary to start, but is a very very nice to have if/when you want to up the game.

Wholeheartedly agree!

John, I've had the same experience and I like your shellack method for locking in the dye coat. For some projects - especially figured wood like maple, I do a slightly thinned (with water) coat as a sanding sealer followed by a light sanding, then dye coat(s) using alcohol + water + 10%ish finish with dye. Also, lately I've been building with EM6000 Production Lacquer (believe it or not - this sprays EVEN Better than the 8000CV) with catalyzed 8000CV for final one or two coats. I'm completely sold on Target Coatings. In the past when I've had a problem or just questions, Jess Weiss has been super responsive even on weekends!
    IMG_0990.jpgIMG_1959.jpgIMG_3409.jpgIMG_3188.jpg

I agree, EM-6000 sprays even better than EM-8000CV.

John