Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HAMMER (Felder) news

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Put casters on it and use it as a mobile storage table when you're not operating it. You telling me that if one miraculously showed up in your driveway, you wouldn't have the room?

Erik
    Ha ha! I think you overestimate the size of my basement shop. It's already tight in there, with me having to store most tools against the wall and slide them out one-at-a-time to use them. There's no room in there for that sander, unfortunately. I think even if I rearranged a few things, I still wouldn't have room. We plan to move some day, and hopefully that new shop will have room for that sander or an equivalent.

Plus if it showed up in my driveway I would need to find a way to get it down into the basement. It was an adventure getting the A3-31 down there, and even more of an adventure getting the K3 Winner down there, and the guys that helped me with those jobs aren't readily available these days. I still have no idea how I'm going to get those units out of there whenever it is we do move. Ha ha!
    And there was trouble, taking place...

OK, folks: Some news from the factory side.

-A price increase just occurred and I foresee another one after the new year. The costs of raw materials and logistics in Europe continues to rise and it seems unlikely that this will improve any time soon. As always, "waiting only costs you more. The machine doesn't get here sooner". We (US sales team) have been given a pretty long leash as far as creativity in securing machines for customers with smaller-than-usual deposits, etc. Call your Felder rep if you are on the fence about that machine. We will find a way to make it work for both parties.

-Lead times on anything new-built still suck but on the positive side, I am looking at my production pipeline for the US and we have a surprisingly good quantity of machines (including Hammer A3's and HS950's) that are available and actually scheduled for delivery the US over the next six months, which is great news. We're moving into Q4, which is always the busiest sales period of the year. So, "if" you are thinking about something, get while the getting can be got.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Erik, thanks for the updates!
    Can you pls send me information about who to contact for my area in upstate NY (Syracuse)?
    Looking to get the A3. Have the same concern about getting it into my basement. Does it come fully Assembled? Or needs some assembly. The latter would be it easier to haul it down basement stairs.

Ashwini, please PM me your contact info and I'll have one one of the Northeast reps connect with you. A3's come fully assembled. It will require some planning to get it down the stairs but absolutely do-able. In the past, I've had customers lay OSB or plywood, with some rug scraps, on the staircase and then ease the machine down with block and tackle. A piano moving crew could probably make quick work of getting an A3 down stairs like this. Thanks,

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwini Kaul View Post
    Erik, thanks for the updates!
    Can you pls send me information about who to contact for my area in upstate NY (Syracuse)?
    Looking to get the A3. Have the same concern about getting it into my basement. Does it come fully Assembled? Or needs some assembly. The latter would be it easier to haul it down basement stairs.
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

I moved my A3-31 down the stairs myself, then moved my B3 Winner downstairs myself.

I winched both down the stairs and it went well.

If you want photographs please PM me your email address and I’ll send you some…..Regards, Rod

Unrelated: Here is the new 2021+ catalog from Felder KG. This will be the new format (digital e-magazine) moving forward. No more of those giant silver books, for those who have one. It's pretty nice. Hope you enjoy,

Erik

https://fms.felder-group.com/Magalog/Magalog_EUS/
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Impressive.

OK, gang. Felder KG just released this Thanksgiving promo E-flier: https://fms.felder-group.com/Aktione...21_US_Gewerbe/

Good time to stock up accessories or tooling. Also, discounts should appear on the E-shop. One important point regarding this flier: A bunch of trade-in/freight-damaged-but-repaired-for-sale machines appear in the back. Most of those (including all A3's) are sold. Just a few of the bigger industrial machines left now.

On that note, we're into the 4th quarter of 2021, which is the busiest sales period of the year. Things are really picking up, especially in the smaller Standard/Classical range (jointer/planers, sliding table saws, combo machines, etc.). For those of you who are sitting on the fence about a machine, NOW is the time to call your rep. Lead times are not ideal but there is nothing any of us can do about that. There is a limited number of machines available and all US sales reps are selling from that pool. This pool is getting smaller on a weekly basis. I personally have spoken to several customers who were serious but also "wanted time to think about it". They call me back after the weekend and sure enough, that machine got sold in the meantime by some other Felder rep. Suddenly, four months turns into eight. Holiday promo pricing on machinery will be here very soon, so now is the time if you want anything at all during 2022. Thanks,

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Folks, some quick updates:

-We are being told that Christmas promo pricing on tooling and accessories should get loaded to the E-shop in the next week or two. I believe Austria will do an email blast but if not, just keep an eye on the E-shop.

-Holiday promo pricing on NEW machinery orders is active now. If you've been thinking about a new Felder/Hammer machine, get with your rep now. There will be a price increase coming at some point in Q1-2022. Get in line now to protect yourselves from that price increase.

-Lead times are getting better on the smaller standard machines but they are also selling very quickly. We sold a LOT of Hammer A3's and HS-950 sanders over the Thanksgiving break but still have some available with not-unreasonable delivery times.

-Austria re-launched the E-shop. New look, navigation is a little herky-jerky but they're working on it. There were some bugs in the delivery prices it was calculating, particularly for actual machines. Sorry on behalf of Felder KG for any confusion there.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Hip Tip: Please use CHROME to access the Felder website and/or E-shop. I've talked to a number of folks who are having issues with logging in. It seems like the new site does not like Safari/Firefox/goduck/etc. Chrome is stable. of course, all the same help tips like clearing cookies still applies.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

I ordered in May and just got notice that my A3-41 is showing up this month (apparently). I know it will be worth the wait, but man, 7 months hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by James S Lang View Post
    I ordered in May and just got notice that my A3-41 is showing up this month (apparently). I know it will be worth the wait, but man, 7 months hurts.
    Take heart! I ordered in June of 2020 and didn't receive mine until July 2021.

I was using it today. A very fine machine!

Folks, here is the link to holiday specials in the Felder E-shop: https://www.felder-group.com/en-us/shop/sale

My understanding is that these prices will be valid until January 17th. Also, I have confirmation from the factory that we will be seeing a general price increase some time in February. As always, get your orders in now.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Folks, here is the link to holiday specials in the Felder E-shop: https://www.felder-group.com/en-us/shop/sale...
    Cleaning up the drool. The Automatic Start and Transformer Coil(s) look interesting (from my 'automation' perspective). I have been contemplating building my own, so it caught my eye. A variable off-delay time might be a marketing boon?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    Cleaning up the drool. The Automatic Start and Transformer Coil(s) look interesting (from my 'automation' perspective). I have been contemplating building my own, so it caught my eye. A variable off-delay time might be a marketing boon?
    Funny: We seem to take a lot of orders for those through the E-shop and often, from ducting companies. I personally don't deal much with dust collection but maybe these are hard to come by, domestically?

Unrelated, for folks in the market for new machinery, call your Felder reps. I am seeing a few instances where customers (for a variety of reasons) are unable to take machinery they ordered earlier this year. In these cases, such machines go back into the "available" pool for all US reps. So, there are some machines potentially available with very short lead times. Again, contact your Felder rep if interested.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep