Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: HAMMER (Felder) news

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    ... your best bet might be to hire riggers.

Erik
    +1 You may run into trouble as I did finding a rigger who will do a residential placement. Many are not insured for it. That's what I ran into taking delivery of my slider recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Wolfy View Post
    Eric, I would agree that Felder/Hammer should provide a basic adjustment manual.
    Do the machines not include any info on maintenance/adjustment/troubleshooting?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Simon View Post
    +1 You may run into trouble as I did finding a rigger who will do a residential placement. Many are not insured for it. That's what I ran into taking delivery of my slider recently.
    That's interesting Mick. I'll have to remember this. Most of my customers who have needing rigging have been pro shops, now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Hills View Post
    Do the machines not include any info on maintenance/adjustment/troubleshooting? Matt
    Matt, yes they do. There is fairly comprehensive manual included with every Felder/Hammer machine. In fact, it contains quite a bit of technical data due to CE rules. I think the real issue is that if you ask six different owners what they expect out of a manual, you will probably get six different answers. Some owners expectation could be just as simple as an explosion diagram. For others, perhaps they expect something to the effect of, "Turn this knob with your left hand while holding the wrench with your right hand". I'm exaggerating but you get the idea. All this being said, I've sold as many A3's as anyone and here are my experiences:

-Calibration pdf's are available from Felder Service. I've seen them posted on various bloggers' sites, too, so they are definitely available and out there.
    -I have yet to have any A3 customer of mine require calibration of the machine. 99% of questions seem able to be answered over the phone and seem more setup/operation-related than actual machine issues.
    -We a full-time tech support staff with a direct phone line that is available 8:00-5:00, M-F. They are actual human beings who know these machines very well, which seems to be a rarity in this industry these days.
    -Like I said before, if all this is too scary for you and you just don't want to hassle worry about it, then PAY FOR COMMISSIONING.

Thanks and I hope this all makes sense.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Some quick news to share:

-We apparently broke our own sales record for the first quarter of any year, this year. Some of that was advanced machinery (CNC's, edgebanders, beam saws, etc.) but the bulk of it was standard/classical machines like combos, sliding panel saws, etc. So, despite the pandemic, demand is at an all-time high.

-We are developing an in-house live chat feature that will allow individual reps to give virtual machine demos to customers in a much better way than the little bot-type chat feature that we often see in the lower-right corner of websites. Since we have practically no machines in any US showroom at the moment and covid has put the kibosh on in-person customer referrals, this should be a nice tool to help folks get more info for their decision making.

-Lead times on Hammer A3's continue to be challenging. I don't know what to tell anyone other than, "It will be like this for a while". So, I would encourage anyone in the market for an A3 to just be patient and get in line like everyone else.

-We are starting to see some slowdowns in LTL delivery services and of course, rising delivery costs. Our logistics department does their best to get competitive freight quotes for customers but he told us that it's really a moving target these days. Deliveries are costing more and taking longer, so please be advised.

-We had been informed that the Hammer promos were to expire at the end of March but I still see them on the E-shop. I emailed product management about this with a "WTH?"-type message, since we had been pushing customers to get their orders in while the promo was still active. Haven't heard back yet but it's possible they just haven't updated the E-shop landing pages (huge surprise there). So, I guess we will honor whatever the lowest price on the E-shop shows.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Got my order in for a HS950 last week. Lead time didn’t seem to be too bad on that one.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bain View Post
    Got my order in for a HS950 last week. Lead time didn’t seem to be too bad on that one.
    That's great news. I see bunch more on our inventory pipeline but lead time is unclear. If I had to guess, sometime in Q4 2021.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Nice to see the new Felder how-to videos on youtube for tuning up the tools.
    Would be good to get an index to them somewhere using common search terms (i.e., which ones are "snipe", etc.)
    I haven't checked all, but I think the one labelled "How to Angle Adjustment at the Crosscut Fence" is actually replacing a bandsaw tire.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Hills View Post
    Nice to see the new Felder how-to videos on youtube for tuning up the tools.
    Would be good to get an index to them somewhere using common search terms (i.e., which ones are "snipe", etc.)
    I haven't checked all, but I think the one labelled "How to Angle Adjustment at the Crosscut Fence" is actually replacing a bandsaw tire.
    Matt

Matt, Felder KG actually just updated the homepage with a TON of how-to videos for the Hammer A3, the Felder K700S sliding panel saw, and some other stuff: https://www.felder-group.com/en-us/s.../how-to-videos

I actually had no idea this page even existed until earlier this week. Our head sales trainer for standard machines, who is in Austria, asked me if I know about it. I replied, "No". His reply, "Well, neither did I", LOL. I'm going to start sending out a link in my template emails to any customer I sell an A3 to. Really covers almost everything. I also suggested that they make this page a little more obvious or easy to find. It's not easy to find right now. They seemed to hear that.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Matt, Felder KG actually just updated the homepage with a TON of how-to videos for the Hammer A3, the Felder K700S sliding panel saw, and some other stuff: https://www.felder-group.com/en-us/s.../how-to-videos

I actually had no idea this page even existed until earlier this week. Our head sales trainer for standard machines, who is in Austria, asked me if I know about it. I replied, "No". His reply, "Well, neither did I", LOL. I'm going to start sending out a link in my template emails to any customer I sell an A3 to. Really covers almost everything. I also suggested that they make this page a little more obvious or easy to find. It's not easy to find right now. They seemed to hear that.

Erik
    Looks like they also put most(?) of them onto the Felder Group's YouTube page (https://www.youtube.com/c/FELDERGROUPTV/videos), which is nice because it's all but impossible to click the "View On YouTube" option on the videos on their web page. These videos will be very helpful though. Thanks!
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wurster View Post
    Looks like they also put most(?) of them onto the Felder Group's YouTube page (https://www.youtube.com/c/FELDERGROUPTV/videos), which is nice because it's all but impossible to click the "View On YouTube" option on the videos on their web page. These videos will be very helpful though. Thanks!

*Like* emoji

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Hey gang, just a heads-up: General price increase coming on June 1st. Due to pandemic-related price increases passed down to us from our component and raw material suppliers. If you have an open quote, get your rep a deposit now. Lead times won't change. All that happens is that you pay more for the exact same machine but still have to wait.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Update, folks:

-The price increase happened (as expected) and I expect another one by at least Q4/2021. The cost of raw materials such as cast iron and steel continues to rise and, unfortunately, that cost must be absorbed by the end user.

-Lead times continue to be long and supply continues to be limited. Felder KG actually grew during 2020 but demand is still out-pacing supply. I'm sure it's the same for our other US reps but I find myself being very direct with customers lately. If you are at all asking for specific pricing, please expect me to hound you about getting an order in place. Not because I'm a used car sales guy but because there are a dozen US sales reps all selling from the same limited pool of available machines and there have been quite a few instances lately where guys wanted to take time to "think about it". Lo and behold, they call me the next morning to place their order, only to hear that another rep sold that machine while they were thinking about it. Then, it's another six month wait. So, I am not hounding you to get a sale. I am hounding you so that you don't lose your machine, have to wait forever, get stuck with a price increase, etc.

On the good side, some encouraging news:

-Felder USA is beefing up. We've hired several techs in the last few months also just brought back a veteran sales rep for one of the Eastern territories.

-The Las Vegas show is around the corner and we should have a nice booth. If you want free tickets, here is the link: https://www.felder-group.com/en-us/awfs-2021

-Deals will be available for the Vegas show. Attendance not necessary. Reach out to your territory rep (or PM me and I'll connect you) for more info.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Erik, truly appreciate your efforts to keep us informed, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Rice View Post
    Erik, truly appreciate your efforts to keep us informed, thanks
    You bet, Pat. Hope to see you in Atlanta next summer.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Thanks! Secured my order for HS950 last week.

I'm really curious about new models from hammer. Any news?