Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HAMMER (Felder) news

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Wesseling View Post
    Thanks! Secured my order for HS950 last week. I'm really curious about new models from hammer. Any news?
    I've heard rumors about a new small slider. The K2? Don't recall, exactly. Basically, everything related to new product R&D got put on hold in 2020, to focus on the production side of things or to complete existing new projects on some of the bigger machines like edgebanders and CNC routers. I'll share any updates as I get them but not expecting much for the remainder of 2021.

I think you will be really pleased with the HS-950. An engine hoist (or couple of additional strong backs) is very useful for assembling it, BTW.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Thanks, Erik.

I was hoping Hammer will offer a value packed wide sander - I'm looking at drum units, possibly Woodmaster.

The bucket on my Kubota will do the lifting.. I could use HS-950 right now for 800 small pieces I have to sand - Looks like I'll be using the ros.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Wesseling View Post
    Thanks, Erik.

I was hoping Hammer will offer a value packed wide sander - I'm looking at drum units, possibly Woodmaster.

The bucket on my Kubota will do the lifting.. I could use HS-950 right now for 800 small pieces I have to sand - Looks like I'll be using the ros.
    I’m not aware of any drum sanders on the horizon but will keep an ear open. Your tractor sounds like just the ticket.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

OK, folks: Here is the Independence Day promo e-brochure from the factory. If you are in our database, you may receive it in physical mailer form. It is based around the Las Vegas show but again, you don't need to attend to take advantage of the deals:

https://fms.felder-group.com/Aktione...OA21_USA_2021/

One quick note: There are some used smaller machines like Hammer A3's and bandsaws in it. Those have all sold locally. Mentioning this because it could appear that we have new A3's available right now, which is not the case. Thanks and call your area Felder rep with any questions.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Erik, any guess on when HS950 might be available if ordered now? E-shop say Oct 2021, but I’m thinking next year.

I ordered on last month and it's due in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Rice View Post
    Erik, any guess on when HS950 might be available if ordered now? E-shop say Oct 2021, but I’m thinking next year.
    I would guess the latter. I see a bunch that are committed to the US but under estimate arrival cycle, it says "N/A yet". Anything that is truly coming in October would already have an arrival cycle assigned to it. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

We just put in an order for a A3-41 for our MHS tech department. They projected December for delivery as well. Can't wait, it'll be a huge improvement over what's currently in the wood shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Montroy View Post
    We just put in an order for a A3-41 for our MHS tech department. They projected December for delivery as well. Can't wait, it'll be a huge improvement over what's currently in the wood shop!
    Congrats! It will be worth the wait.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quick update, folks: We are all gearing up to leave for Las Vegas. The biggest industry show of the year is next week. For anyone who is or will be calling or emailing Felder USA, please be advised that most of our sales team and technicians will be at the show, so please be patient with emails, call backs, etc. This is the craziest time of the year and things just take longer because of it. I will share some pics from the show once I get there.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Monthly update: Some light at the end of the tunnel as far as Hammer production goes. The factory has been investing in more production specifically for Hammers and it look like lead times are tightening up. Still longer than many of us would like but no longer ridiculous, IMO. We are still delays regarding domestic delivery, in particular at the west coast ports, but that is not in anyone's control.

Since the show in Vegas, we have gotten lots of inquires about two smaller pieces of equipment, the Hammer HS-950 edge sander and the FAT-series lifting tables. On the HS-950's, we have a bunch that are slated to get to the US around the end of the year. If you are thinking about one of those, get with your rep soon. Once word gets out that there is an actual delivery window, I can see them going fast. On the FAT-series lifting tables, I wish it were otherwise but lead time is in the same ballpark as the HS-950's. Reason for this is that we actually fabricate these with drop pieces leftover from CNC router frames (no, they are not a re-badged Barth table) so as you can image, if CNC router production is taking longer than usual, so is FAT table production.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

12. Particularly, the oscillating edge sander hammer is my favorite as it comes through in demanding jobs that require edge sanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks Benedict View Post
    Particularly, the oscillating edge sander hammer is my favorite as it comes through in demanding jobs that require edge sanding.
    That little machine is tough to beat for the price. Seems like everyone I talk to, who owns one, loves it.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    That little machine is tough to beat for the price. Seems like everyone I talk to, who owns one, loves it.

Erik
    I really want to get one, but seriously doubt there's room for it in my shop! LOL
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wurster View Post
    I really want to get one, but seriously doubt there's room for it in my shop! LOL
    Put casters on it and use it as a mobile storage table when you're not operating it. You telling me that if one miraculously showed up in your driveway, you wouldn't have the room?

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep