Thread: Marking Projects

Marking Projects

I know a lot of Creeker's mark their projects by embedding a penny somewhere on the project, and I've done this too, but where in the heck do you fellas get current year pennies so early in the year.

I have a child's toy I'd like to give to the new mother but don't have and don't know where to get a 2021 this early in the year.

Not going to pay for one off of the Bay either. A penny shouldn't cost more than it's face value.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Hmm, I've never heard of anyone doing this, but rumor has it you will soon need to use nickles or dimes.

https://cashmoneylife.com/us-mint-ce...ny-production/
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Blog Entries
    I mark all my projects with a branding iron and a penny of the current year. Usually I can find new pennies as early as February. One way to speed up having current year pennies is to put out a request to your friends. By having several people looking at their change for you you increase your chances of finding current year pennies. One place to ask is to approach the money counters at your church and tell them you will buy current year pennies that they find in the offering plates.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I go old school. I print a label with the shop name that has space in the middle to sign and date it, then varnish it onto the bottom somewhere. That way in 50 years someone can sit and wonder if it really is, just like I do with the Stickley rocker I have. If just a little more of label was still there..............
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Can't help you with the pennies.

I tried the branding irons, electric and blow torch, but didn't have any real consistent success.

So I bought a cheap laser, built a simple cabinet, and use it for signing cutting boards, bowls and other projects.

Get someone in our Laser Engraving Forum to make you some custom medallions.

Blog Entries
    Pennies? How quaint

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    Can't help you with the pennies.

I tried the branding irons, electric and blow torch, but didn't have any real consistent success.

So I bought a cheap laser, built a simple cabinet, and use it for signing cutting boards, bowls and other
    I love that Chris, and that's a classy emblem you designed. I need to get busy and steal. ..I mean copy ..I mean follow your footsteps to set up a laser imprinted emblem.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher