Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why you want the 3M PPS System

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Engel View Post
    Understood, I guess what I'm saying is does the same adapter fit the Earlex gun? I can't find any information other than Fuji.
    Specific information may be harder on the Earlex because of the general market they go after. You may need to see if you can determine things like threading for where the cup adapter would fasten. You might reach out to Jeff Jewitt to see if he knows of any compatibility. He does sell the 3M PPS system
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    It wasn't a school. It was a large FBO aircraft place at RDU. The only place I could get a job in the fuel crisis back in the early '70's, after I graduated from college. I could rent a Cessna 150 school plane for half price ($7.50 an hour), and take flight lessons for half price, working there. They had those rules for the mechanics, which I thought about doing.

I've since always used the proper sized wrench for anything. I have many dedicated wrenches with the woodworking tools.

It wasn't a regular center punch, but the automatic ones they didn't like.
    Hmm, I wonder what their problem was with automatic punches. Maybe that they could jump around? The same could happen with regular punches. I have SnapOn automatics and they’re great. Edit: Oh, probably has something to do with punching through thin aluminum a bit too easily...

BTW, the Knipex pliers wrench has made the adjustable wrench thoroughly obsolete. Try one if you haven’t already, they are deliriously good.
    Last edited by Doug Dawson; 02-09-2021 at 4:28 PM. Reason: Oh yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Specific information may be harder on the Earlex because of the general market they go after. You may need to see if you can determine things like threading for where the cup adapter would fasten. You might reach out to Jeff Jewitt to see if he knows of any compatibility. He does sell the 3M PPS system
    Thanks will do. I think I'm confusing myself, I need an adapter to fit the Earlex hose to the PPS gun, correct?

Robert, no. You connect your existing hose to your existing gun, but replace your existing CUP with the PPS CUP “system” which is a hard cup, liner, filter lid, and adapter to connect that new cup to your existing Gun.

You should get the H/O cup Original series. It’s a pressurized cup. (I don’t even know if 2.0 has the pressure cup). This cup is required for your gun and mine which is a Fuji .
    Last edited by Prashun Patel; 02-09-2021 at 3:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Engel View Post
    Thanks will do. I think I'm confusing myself, I need an adapter to fit the Earlex hose to the PPS gun, correct?
    No. The PPS system attaches to your gun in place of the current fluid container...if it's available for your gun.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

NOW I get it! Thanks guys.