Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuck Between the Machine and Controler

Stuck Between the Machine and Controler

I''m new to CNC. I have a Sainsmart 3018 Pro ver and Im running Carbide Create and Candle. I got setup and ran the 3 test files that came with the Pro ver just fine. I drew a box in Carbide Create, saved it, selected GRBL as the post processor. I set up the machine and hit send. The first 4 lines of code ran and it stopped on the fifth line which is M0; T102. The status of the Candle goes to "Hold" and is in a yellow box. And there it stops.

I'm stumped. Can anyone shed some light on this. Thanks.

Since Carbide Create is associated with Shapeoko, there may be an issue with "post processing" which in general, means code that gets added to a toolpath file that's specific to a CNC machine/controller. If you have not done so already, you may want to contact the folks that, um...created...Carbide Create...to ascertain if their CAD/CAM software and GRBL PP is compatible with the machine and controller you are trying to use it with. GRBL PP may not be sufficient if your machine is expecting accomodations for any uniqueness.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

FWIW, I think the T102 is pausing your job, waiting for a tool change. What happens when you simply resume the job after the pause? If it continues the job, I would take out the T command and try it.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

I am amazed that you can buy a $249 router and have it actually work. Not paying a nickel for the design program either, pretty lucky. FYI with that grbl and controller its very prone to EMI and RFI glitches that stopped the machine in its tracks, I finally gave up on project.
    Last edited by Bill George; 01-31-2021 at 12:27 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Bill. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Jim, thanks I will contact Carbide Create to see what they have to say.

Grant, I did remove the "M" code lines and it got a bit further. The problem now is that it raises the spindle high enough to trip the limit switch. I'll try to learn more and work this out. I'm not a G code expert yet.

Bill, thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

Vince I had that controller exactly, but unless the designers on your machine took time to add bypass caps and shielding it will be always prone to errors. I finally gave up on mine. But there might be other controllers you can use, I used Mach3 for a long time, and Mach4 now. Problem is by the time you purchase a controller and the software you will have more in it than what you paid for the entire machine. Not a good way to learn gcode or CNC. I hope there is a user Group or Forum you can goto and get some ideas.

Well, the test projects that came with machine ran just fine. That is what makes me think it is something else. So what did you do with your machine?

It was a blue light laser diode machine. Look at the reviews for yours on Amazon. Oh I sold it off to someone who wanted to tinker some more with it.

OK, I tried Easel and had success. I want to buy Vectric 2d but I want to make sure it will work. I think it should but I would rather not guess.

Quote Originally Posted by vince mastrosimone View Post
    OK, I tried Easel and had success. I want to buy Vectric 2d but I want to make sure it will work. I think it should but I would rather not guess.
    You can download a working demo that will let you run one of their designs and see if it will work with your machine

I did download the snowflake file and ran it without a bit. Seemed fine. Thanks for suggestion. Next step is to by the program. Then watch the fun ensue!!!!!

Thanks to all for your help.

Thank you.I did download test files. I will try to cut a piece on Thursday and see what happens. I did try running it without a bit in the spindle and it seem to run. I was a bit concerned because I didn’t get the amount of movement with the x and Y axis as I expected for some of these pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by vince mastrosimone View Post
    Thank you.I did download test files. I will try to cut a piece on Thursday and see what happens. I did try running it without a bit in the spindle and it seem to run. I was a bit concerned because I didn’t get the amount of movement with the x and Y axis as I expected for some of these pieces.
    Most of those Chinese machines list the build size, but the actual cut area is much smaller. Your machine is also built a little heftier and sold with Mach3 on some websites.

I did contact carbide create and sent them a file. I’m waiting to hear back from them. I did buy the vectric 2d desktop and I’m using the GRBL inch post processor for that. It works great.

Now on to calibrating the machine!!!