Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your favorite place to buy band saw blades?

About a year ago I bought 10 105" 'Slicer clones from Superior Knife, in Niles Illinois. Price was $12-13 each plus UPS. They sell it as a meat blade. Dont know if it is the exact same stock as 'Slicer or not, but it is 3-4 variable tooth with the thin kerf. Life is OK for me, but I am a hobbiest. I have used mostly for resawing drawer stock. Welds seem fine to me so far. Got a 14" Grizz so I probably cant tension a 3/4" carbide blade though I have thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by George Waldner View Post
    About a year ago I bought 10 105" 'Slicer clones from Superior Knife, in Niles Illinois. Price was $12-13 each plus UPS. They sell it as a meat blade. Dont know if it is the exact same stock as 'Slicer or not, but it is 3-4 variable tooth with the thin kerf. Life is OK for me, but I am a hobbiest. I have used mostly for resawing drawer stock. Welds seem fine to me so far. Got a 14" Grizz so I probably cant tension a 3/4" carbide blade though I have thought about it.
    My understanding is that Woodslicer/Kerfmaster blades are indeed meat and bone blades. They just happen to work well with wood. Kinda the same deal with DieMaster; they're intended for metal but happen to work well with wood. Lenox Tri Master the same deal but serious $$$ relatively speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    I'm about to acquire a new band saw, it takes a blade length (4258 mm, 167=1/2") that seems to be not so commonly found off-the-shelf. Do you have a favorite place that offers reasonable prices and consistently good welds?

Probably looking for Lenox Diemaster and perhaps a Trimaster carbide blade, because I've had good luck with them. I'm open to other possibilities.
    Roger there's a company in your part of the world that has gotten good reviews. I haven't ordered from them but may do so in the near future, they have 1/2" .025" thick Trimaster as well as DieMaster2.

Toolcenter.com

Has anyone ordered from Bandsawbladeoutlet.com ?
    They have the best prices I've found.

I know this is an old thread but I though I'd mention Sawblade.com

https://www.sawblade.com/

I've had great service from Bandsawblades Direct! Randy
    Randy Cox
    Lt Colonel, USAF (ret.)

I get my blades from Hastings Saws. They always have great, smooth, welds from a wide variety of blade manufacturers and types.

www.hastingssaws.com

I've subsequently ordered from bandsaw blades direct and the product has been excellent. They are not quick, however, so not a great choice if you need something this week. One of the orders I placed took about three weeks, the other over two months; they were apologetic about the latter, I think they lost the order.