Thread: Track saw square jig?

Track saw square jig?

Hi all,
    I’ve recently got the latest Wen track saw and have been impressed. Don’t know how I got by without it with sheet goods. Only problem I’m having is squaring up panels with it, which gets tedious lining up the square for each cut. I know there are a number of aftermarket squaring jigs, but man, some of them are close to $200! I saw one on Etsy for 50 which got great reviews. This seems like something that a 3-D printer could knock out pretty easily or someone with a CNC. Can anybody point me in the direction of a good cheap squaring jig?

Take a look at Peter Millard’s 10 min workshop on how to make one. I use one made by TrueTrac for my TrueTrac system. It was reasonable compared to the others. Before I got this I used a 12” Square. Dan

I would look into the insta rail square or the offerings by TSO products.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lisowski View Post
    I would look into the insta rail square or the offerings by TSO products.
    They cost more than the saw I have. Looking for a CHEAP alternative.

Peter Millard’s method might work for me. Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't know if this might interest you. It's a square crosscut jig that Fine Woodworking demonstrates in this video. Fairly self explanatory and CHEAP.

https://www.finewoodworking.com/proj...crosscut-table

If that solution doesn't grab you, here is another that might:

https://www.finewoodworking.com/2020...n-add-on-fence

If neither of these are helpful then I'm out of bullets, but hey, I gave it a shot.
    Last edited by Edwin Santos; 01-27-2021 at 11:17 PM.

Here`s a good video on breaking down plywood sheets and squaring up panels:
    https://www.finehomebuilding.com/201...need-track-saw

I bought a square of 3/4 phenolic plywood, I think it may have been from Anderson. It is 18 inches on a side. I put a removable fence on it so I can use it like a speed square. I find I can use the square to get the track square to the edge and then clamp it in place for the cut. Doesn't take much time. Or I can draw a line with the square and cut to that.

If I am making a lot of cross cuts, I set up a fence on my outfeed table/tracksaw cutting station. It has a top with 20mm holes and I attach long rail dogs to my shorter track and use it with the fence along the edge of the table to make the cross cuts. The fence has a stop block so repeat cuts are easier. Simple and accurate but you the table with holes for the dogs.