Thread: Milwaukee M18 Compact Router - height adj

Milwaukee M18 Compact Router - height adj

I bought this little router, thinking just how handy it would be...... It IS handy. One problem though. The bit height/depth adjuster knob is in the perfect location to be bumped every time I grad the thing and use it. I cannot figure out how to lock this thing. Am I doing something wrong? There has to be a way to keep the bit height secure, just has to be..... Anyone??

Michael,

The latch on the front should keep the height sturdy. If it doesn't, look for an adjustment on the cam lock.
    router.jpg
    Picture is from Amazon... I have the Rigid router, and it is very similar.

Yah, I adjusted that already. The problem I am having, is whenever I pick it up, my thumb or finger turns the stupid knob. It's not a problem if I am only using it for once, but if I'm trimming edges or routing an edge as I build something, the profile gets changed. I suppose I just need to keep this in the back of mind and try not to forget..... Seems dumb to me that this thing doesn't have a lock to prevent inadvertent changes.

if the cam is locked the screw should not turn . it is very common that the collet either just is a bit slippery or not tight enough .the bits can move then .
    hopefully your little router is not the problem .if that wheel is all it takes to knock it out it is far from acceptable .

I'll try some more tension on the locking cam. Maybe I didn't increase this enough.....