Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another "Which CNC?" thread...

Well, it helps to have some friends in high places here @ SMC. Grant phoned me today and we talked for about 45 minutes. Of course they are every bit as helpful and friendly as I was told.

Currently looking at the Stinger 2x4'

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    Well, it helps to have some friends in high places here @ SMC. Grant phoned me today and we talked for about 45 minutes. Of course they are every bit as helpful and friendly as I was told.

Currently looking at the Stinger 2x4'
    'Glad it happened. I worked with Grant for my machine.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

buying second cnc first saves money. now buying 3rd cnc because 2nd cnc sslesman is used car salesman gets you to waste thousands of dollars.....

Consider the Stinger 3 by 4 or the 4 by 4.

I love my Stinger 2x4

Keith, I purchased the laser you recommended. Works great and as you say, a dot that is no bigger than a gnats *ss. Kinda pricey, but much more useful for me than the factory supplied. Cheers, bob

Bob, I'm glad you like the laser. Mine has been a great tool in my shop for many years and I have long forgotten about the price. It has been so handy I doubt I could run my CNC Router without it.

Bob, I have the Camaster supplied SDS laser on my Stinger. I can tune the laser’s cross hairs and dot from heavy, to gnats hinie by rotating the reticle. I’m wondering if you have tried that.

Prashun, my “Vintage” 2013 24x36 Camaster Stinger is just as strong and accurate as the day I first put power to it. I have zero regrets purchasing it. The 24x48 wasn’t out when I ordered mine, but I would have chosen it if it was. As you can see from the pic, a bigger (wider) cnc was not an option.
    I just finished up a new spoil board on it yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 02-06-2021 at 2:31 PM.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Bob, I have the Camaster supplied SDS laser on my Stinger. I can tune the laser’s cross hairs and dot from heavy, to gnats hinie by rotating the reticle. I’m wondering if you have tried that.
    I believe the laser in context is an engraving laser, not the x-y positioning laser like you and I have on our respective machines.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I believe the laser in context is an engraving laser, not the x-y positioning laser like you and I have on our respective machines.
    Jim, I was referring to Bob's comment in post #3

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Falk View Post

Performance Package ($1095)
    1) laser - Not the most useful purchase for me as the crosshairs are too fat and so it is not easy to locate the bit with great accuracy. Others may find it helpful but to date I have not.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney