Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
How would a court not rule in favor of the homeowner if the realtor intentionally misrepresented what school district the property is in? Houses in desirable school districts can sell for tens of thousands more.

My previous house was built across two lots. One lot was in a very desirable school district and the other in a good school district, but just not as desirable. It turns out because the master bedroom was in the less desirable district any kids would go to the less desirable schools. I talked to the desirable school district multiples times about any way to be in their school district. I thought about moving my bedroom to the back of the house to qualify for the other district, but that would have been questionable as any buyer would want to use the master bedroom as intended thus losing out on the desirable school district.

My house would have sold in weeks instead of several months if in the other school district. It also would have sold for probably 10% more money. My realtor got a number of inquiries who were not longer interested when they heard what school district it was in.
Not sure about the intentional part. I was teaching in one of the districts at the time and their was a lot of discussion about the whole thing. The end result was the kids had to go to their legal district and the buyers were unable to recover anything legally. We were all amazed that the whole thing happened.